Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    So, speaking of things to come - I would encourage you to practice the A line attachment points. The rest of the rib attachments are not too bad, but the A-line attachments are probably my least favorite part of the entire process because they are tough to get right.

Also, the rib stiffeners may be something that you want to practice just a bit first. Once you figure out how you want to align them, they are really pretty easy, but still. . .

I have done the stiffeners first and attachment points second, and attachment points first then stiffeners and there is not too much benefit to one way over the other (at the A-line point there is an overlap of the attachment and stiffener). So, try both and see which you like better. It will depend a little upon your sewing machine and a little on personal preference.

Good luck!

I'm applying all of the lessons I've learned thus far. Expediting the process considerably.
    Major lesson learned....KEEP EVERYTHING ORGANIZED

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Round2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	92940

Yes, how true. Fantastic! With any luck, I have saved all of you from a LOT of lessons learned - my wife can even attest to the difficulty I have encountered getting to this point. Now it's time to have fun!

Thanks for sharing, Mythradites!

Just had to post another picture, im so happy with the way this thing is coming together!

Name:	3 more to sew.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	92955

Thanks again for this great design, James!
    Brent

Brent - it's looking fantastic! Those colors are really going to light up the sky. Great going, and you are most welcome!

-James

Things are going much better this time around!

Name:	round2.5.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	92990

Cool

Great job mythradites! That is looking like a beautiful wing! For me, the outer panels are difficult to sew, so I'm taking my time there

Man, you guys are making this look easy!

Finally where I was on the first wing. I plan on using the first one to practice attaching lines and stitching the ribs.

Name:	Herewego.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	93015

Wingtips and trailing edge DONE!

It may not be perfect but it'll get the job done. Not too shabby for my first week of sewing.
    Note: I also triple stitched the wingtips for strength, using black thread it may be difficult to see on the black wingtip.

Name:	triplestitch.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	93018

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast