Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Lowrider CNC

Thanks! This http://easel.inventables.com/project...uBojtJqOJVP4EQ program is very easy to use for CAM work, but in the desire to be easy it takes away a lot of end user control. I have confirmed tonight that I can change the feed rate, but not the travel rate unless I'm using one of their integrated machines (xcarve, carvey, shapeoko). *sigh*

Downloading Estlcam now...
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Thanks to a very helpful response from Ryan over on the Lowrider forums, I now know what's up with the travel speed.

Turns out the Marlin firmware doesn't use a separate default feed rate for G0 or G1 commands - but Easel (and the gcode spec) are expecting G0 to be a non-cutting travel move while the G1 is an actionable / cutting travel move. And in the effort to be simple, Easel applies a feed rate as specified to the G1 commands, but doesn't put in any feed rate on the G0 lines. Estlcam knows not all firmware is equal, and specifies the G0 travel rate on each line.

So I'm going to try a quick find/replace on a gcode file tonight to add in a feed rate on the G0 and see if I can make the Easel generated gcode work a lot better. I do like the ease / convenience of the web based Easel, but this job speed issue is a deal breaker for me.

Here's a screen shot of the FY-42 v3 Mini project in Easel - it's handy to have each sheet of foam setup as a page in the project, makes it easy to see where the parts are while laying things out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	389.7 KB 
ID:	97645
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13