Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Why not both? JATO Goblin anyone?

Oooo! I'm in for the goblin! I've never participated in one of these before, but I'll see if I can do it. I won't be able to make it to FliteFest though, I'm down in FL.

The goblin is one of my favorite planes. I already have a cad model half way finished from a while ago when I wanted to build it ...maybe I'll start working on that again. Are 3D printed parts off limits? I don't have an EDF (except umx Habu... which is way too small), will probably end up as a pusher

I also have a Baby Bugatti mostly done with a partial round fuselage (front section only). Experience from that should help.

Side note: I'm pretty sure the goblin was a flying wing. There weren't any control surfaces used for elevator on the tail. The first itiration had a smaller rudder I believe as well.

Be sure to start your thread and tell us where so I can watch your progress (with interest).
    - David -
    Love the Fiberglass Skinned Foam Core.
    Learn, Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat
    fb: David Hill, YouTube: Hillda Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by MrFowl View Post
    Oooo! I'm in for the goblin! I've never participated in one of these before, but I'll see if I can do it. I won't be able to make it to FliteFest though, I'm down in FL.

The goblin is one of my favorite planes. I already have a cad model half way finished from a while ago when I wanted to build it ...maybe I'll start working on that again. Are 3D printed parts off limits? I don't have an EDF (except umx Habu... which is way too small), will probably end up as a pusher

I also have a Baby Bugatti mostly done with a partial round fuselage (front section only). Experience from that should help.

Side note: I'm pretty sure the goblin was a flying wing. There weren't any control surfaces used for elevator on the tail. The first itiration had a smaller rudder I believe as well.
    Welcome aboard!!

3D parts are certainly not off limits - just make sure to share all the parts files/designs/instructions so others can make your model too

Please do start a build thread and link to it back here so we can all cheer you on!
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    Welcome aboard!!

3D parts are certainly not off limits - just make sure to share all the parts files/designs/instructions so others can make your model too

Please do start a build thread and link to it back here so we can all cheer you on!
    The thread is up! I hope I put it in the right place....
    The XF-85 Goblin, by McDonnell Aircraft Corp. "The smallest jet-propelled fighter ever built"!
    http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...631#post361631

I've decided to let my Do-635 project fade into forgetfulness and jump in with my idea of the coolest project ever. Yes, that's right, four airplanes in one! The Daimler Benz Projekt B!

FAI-F1D and Craftydan
    Daimler Benz Project B (plus some extras)
    Build Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBProjectBFrontAngle.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	92809
    Last edited by FAI-F1D; 08-10-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    J&H Aerospace - home of the rocketplanes!

Quote Originally Posted by FAI-F1D View Post
    I've decided to let my Do-635 project fade into forgetfulness and jump in with my idea of the coolest project ever. Yes, that's right, four airplanes in one! The Daimler Benz Projekt B!

FAI-F1D and Craftydan
    Daimler Benz Project B (plus some extras)
    Build Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBProjectBFrontAngle.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	92809
    Welcome aboard!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Ambitious undertaking and definitely an outside the box design. Wow this years build off is going to be epic with all these unique designs emerging from the fog of history.
    Enjoy a blessed day!

I'm very excited about all the participation and great designs people are bringing to life! Team Rockyboy is making good progress - or rather, I sent some CAD files to the rest of the team who are finding and fixing my mistakes

I'm going to be going quiet for a while on the forums though - family holiday - but I'll be back and active again near the end of August. In the mean time, if you'd like to join in the challenge please do so! Post your entries here and I'll get them added to the record as soon as I'm back online.

Build on my friends!

Enjoy a safe and relaxing family holiday.
    Enjoy a blessed day!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast