Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
    TheStig has been ELEV8ed! ELEV8 RC's Avatar

Don’t Cut Corners, Literally!

I’m writing this to you all as I sit in the emergency room’s waiting area, so take this seriously!

DON’T CUT CORNERS! It’s not worth it!

I was working on replacing my receiver on my quad. It was zip tied on, so I went to reach for my scissors. They weren’t there where I had left them, so I reached for my box knife. That (literally) didn’t cut it, so I switched to my pocket knife. I pushed through the zip tie, and 5 seconds of pushing later, it leapt through the zip tie, and straight into my left hand. Luckily, my friend was over or I probably would have not been able to get here after passing out from the sight of blood

So, I tell you this, DONT CUT CORNERS and REMOVE YOUR PROPS!!!

We now return to Chris Thomas smashing quads with a hammer...
    "Fly as if every Lipo were your last..."

-Flying
    •Carbon Z Cub **FOR SALE**

-Workbench
    •30" Mighty Mini P-61 Black Widow
    •KISS Armattan Chameleon
    •RaceFlight XHover Win5

-Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •2x FT Arrow

Ohh I KNOW this lesson all too well. I am in the boat I am in from others cutting corners. Hopefully things are not too bad for you and they can patch you up easily with no permanent damage.

Wheres the link to Chris throwing a temper tantrum I wanna see that.. Or you could video them sewing your hand up instead. But for a post like this video homage MUST be paid to appease the forum entities.
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Haha! Heres the video of Chris:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIs7stN7bBY

As for the stitches, theyre pretty nasty!

-Flying

-Workbench
    •KISS Armattan Chameleon
    •RaceFlight XHover Win5

-Dead
    •Giant 120" P-61 Black Widow •Champ •Super Cub LP •BlitzRCWorks SkySurfer •Foamy F-15 •2x FT Guinea Pigs •FT Bushwacker • FT Sea Duck •FT Mustang •FT Spear •2x FT Arrow

How many? and btw its not that bad until they start says "Staples" instead of stitches hehe
    BILLS LAW: Bills Law specifically states that it covers ANYTHING that Murphy may have forgot, omitted, or plain didn't know in the first place. There fore if it can happen it WILL happen to ME.

Psyborg FPV You Tube channel.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...L6-KC9qTa2LgVA

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBorg View Post
    How many? and btw its not that bad until they start says "Staples" instead of stitches hehe
    Only two. But the wait time made it feel like I was getting 20.

-Flying

-Workbench
    •KISS Armattan Chameleon
    •RaceFlight XHover Win5

-Dead

Only two?! That's only a butterfly bandage worthy injury.

The lesson is the same though.

Never cut towards yourself.
    Don't put your hands in the path a tool will follow if it slips, cuts through, or jumps.
    When possible think one or two steps ahead of the thing that will bite you.
    Seek medical attention if you need it.
    Hangar: Hobbyzone Champ, Speedster, Curtiss Jenny, FT Scout, Cafe Air Racer Mk II, Bluntnose Versa, Eachine H8 mini quad, ZMR 250 quad.
    Workbench: Progressive Aerodyne Searey, Cafe Air Racer Mk III
    Deceased:Cafe air racer 78, flying wing built from crashed air racer, FT Flyer Guillows FF P-51D

"Who wants to life a life imprisoned in safety?" Amelia Erhart (from the movie, Amelia)

Quote Originally Posted by Tench745 View Post
    Only two?! That's only a butterfly bandage worthy injury.

The lesson is the same though.

Never cut towards yourself.
    Don't put your hands in the path a tool will follow if it slips, cuts through, or jumps.
    When possible think one or two steps ahead of the thing that will bite you.
    Seek medical attention if you need it.
    Yeah, it was stupid. And I’m a baby that will pass out at the sight of blood, so I might have been a bit dramatic.

-Flying

-Workbench
    •KISS Armattan Chameleon
    •RaceFlight XHover Win5

-Dead