Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCR120 View Post
    Looking forward to meeting another long time member face to face. You like lobster?
    The correct answer to this is "Yes of course, but Rockyboy can have my slice of the rhubarb pie"
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Posted a thousand or more times jhitesma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    The correct answer to this is "Yes of course, but Rockyboy can have my slice of the rhubarb pie"
    I haven't had rhubarb pie in a long time...so I don't think I can let you get away with that

And with the offer of Lobster...I hope they set a hard date for FFE soon enough I can lock it in with a family visit

We're actually planning on trying something "different" for the family visit this summer. Instead of all three of us (me, my wife and my daughter) flying out for a week we're thinking about splitting it up and letting our daughter have a few weeks with her grandparents. So one of us would fly out with her and spend a few days then fly back leaving her there...then a few weeks later the other would fly out and spend a few days before flying back with her. FF2015 was the last time she got to see her grandparents (and they got to see her) and she's now old enough to be separated from mom and day for more than one or two nights - so she and they are hoping to make up for lost time. I'd just have to plan it so pickup or dropoff lines up with FF and I can make that leg of the trip Though...my wife really enjoyed FF as well and wants to come back so hopefully I don't have to fight her for which of us gets it
    Stop in and say hi in the unofficial FT IRC channel!

Quote Originally Posted by fixnfly View Post
    I am sure I could find some decent locations in the North West. There are several ag airports, and huge fields that could work on the east side of the mountains in either Oregon or Washington. How many people are they planning on this time?
    Fixn, only issue I might have with the PNW is the stigma of rainy weather. What's the average of sunny days in late April/early May? I know I've been to Seattle at that time, and the spring time is funky to say the least - rain for 2 hours, 30 minutes of cloudy skies with no rain, and then back on to rain again for the rest of the day...I'm not saying it's not possible to host up there, just wondering whether the weather will allow it?
    Hangar:

Blade Conspiracy 220, Inductrix Pro, FT Sea Duck, FT Duster, FT MiG-3, Versa Wing, ParkZone Archer

Workbench:

Possible Crimson Skies plane? We'll see!!

Retired to a Club Member:

Blade Glimpse

Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 5.10.59 PM.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	97722
    See the "Vesra Plate"? WRFB, so useful.

Maybe I can successfully encourage my sweetheart to make 3 as before so we can share. There were many who'd never had it before and liked it a lot. One teen was hesitant but I told him to think of it as similar to Sour Patch Kids candy but this is Sour Patch Pie. It worked.

Be sure to hit up the ice cream vendor to go with it.
    Last edited by JimCR120; 11-09-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

Awesome! Bringing more people to the pie (and vice-versa) is a good thing

And I remember the versa-plates! I think mine was going to be a rudder but took a different path in it's life
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

That could be good, but it's a little far for people. I'm up by Sacramento and have only been to the first west event before, and I would hope that it wouldn't be too far.

Quote Originally Posted by sprzout View Post
    Fixn, only issue I might have with the PNW is the stigma of rainy weather. What's the average of sunny days in late April/early May? I know I've been to Seattle at that time, and the spring time is funky to say the least - rain for 2 hours, 30 minutes of cloudy skies with no rain, and then back on to rain again for the rest of the day...I'm not saying it's not possible to host up there, just wondering whether the weather will allow it?
    That is why you want to be on the east side of the cascades. In the rain shadow east of the Cascade mountains, we have 189 sunny days and only 46.1 rainy days in a year for an average of 9 inches of rain. We get judged by the rainy side all the time :-)
    Warning! The above statements are made by a pyromaniac mad scientist. No experiments should be performed without the proper scientific understanding and engineering risk analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by fixnfly View Post
    That is why you want to be on the east side of the cascades. In the rain shadow east of the Cascade mountains, we have 189 sunny days and only 46.1 rainy days in a year for an average of 9 inches of rain. We get judged by the rainy side all the time :-)
    Yep, HUGE difference between wet side and dry side. I think the Tri-cities area averages over 300 sunny days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by carl20320 View Post
    Yep, HUGE difference between wet side and dry side. I think the Tri-cities area averages over 300 sunny days a year.
    I was going to say 300 sunny days as I'm not far from there, but partly cloudy or a few stray clouds isn't a truly sunny day... My guess is the stats I looked up were for the couple months during the summer that we don't see any clouds. There are some great slope soaring areas near Tri-Cities also. Spring is generally a good time to fly before the wheat and wild grasses dry out. You can fly over pretty much anything till mid June, then we try to limit it to over irrigated fields due to fire danger in July and August.
    Warning! The above statements are made by a pyromaniac mad scientist. No experiments should be performed without the proper scientific understanding and engineering risk analysis.

I'd personally want it to be around Sacramento, CA-the capitol of the state-but I know that it may not happen. I live right next to an airstrip with real full-size airplanes, but the other people that live around us may not be happy to do that. Ugh! For all of you wanting it to be in southern CA down by LA, good luck-I would become a hater if it was down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2