Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Old and Bold RC PILOT
    Flite Fest Downunder?

Apart from the concerns associated with the different gravity we have here and the fear that the planes from the northern hemisphere might need to fly upside down and that they could fall upwards to never be seen again, the place is huge with a widely dispersed population and transport costs can be horrific for long distance travel and freight.

Fortunately our local media is starved of anything really news worthy and we have a federal minister for recreation and tourism so some form of sponsored and federally organised event exists.

As I know these things require a lot of planning nothing is urgent and so I might check with the governments here to see if they might be interested in hosting what is an international event!

Have fun!
    Hopefully making a difference!

I just want to see which way the water goes down the toilet for myself. Actually, I've had enough friends head down there and with all the FT friends there it's all just added to the interest I've always had to go.

Danke Balu for chiming in. I think the timing has never been better for me to get cracking on German. My new boss at work says she speaks it too as well as a man from Germany at church. I've got motive and means. Now on to the schlüsselwörter!
    Truths in life:
    1) Everything that happens happens for a reason. Luck does not exist.
    2) In this existence we are part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is ours.
    3) We aren't defined by our circumstances but by our reactions to them. Crisis reveals character.

I learnt all my German from WW2 films and being overly geeky about World War 2 german aircraft. Never done me any harm. Usually because their English far surpasses my pigeon German...

As much as I'm excited by the prospect of a Flite Fest in Germany I'm a little worried about bureaucracy killing the spirit of the event.
    Germany is very densely populated and one of our favourite Hobbies seems to be complaining.
    I sure hope the guys can secure a place both big enough and secluded from any naysayers and worrywarts.
    Reinventing the wheel, one corner at a time.

Wouldn't be much different in the UK. Although the club I fly with has a very secluded flying field. We like queues but damn you guys are good at following process...

Flitefest Europe will be great!! The bureaucracy in germany can be a problem. I think a battleflight like in US will be not possible, but never the less wil be a grat event. Unfortunatelly i will be the next 2 Years in India so 2020 will be a grat date for Flite fest Europe :-)

Shhh, no one needs to know about the giant combats, especially if the field is isolated enough

Old and Bold RC PILOT
    The term combat seems so confrontational especially in modern times perhaps a better term might be either a Demolition Derby or a Recycling (Breakdown) Event!

have fun!
    Hopefully making a difference!

So excited to hear about the probability of a flite fest in germany, it would certainly be a better option budgeting wise as oppose to the US. In fact, I reckon I could get hold of flights there using air miles, though having looked into it, bus would seem to be the cheapest way to get there. At around £70 it looks to be the cheapest, but also not too bad considering the option for taking a plane if I felt I wanted it would probably be available. Granted at 18 hours on the bus it's extremely unpleasant, but hey, I reckon getting there would be worth it.

*Edit* Turns out I can fly from Manchester to stuttgart at a fantastic £35! If this flite fest happens I'll definitely be there!
    Last edited by robobob; 09-13-2017 at 08:39 AM.

I have another question, would we need to get some special "pilot pass" in order to fly in Germany? I assume yes but how much would it be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2