| Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Let's call this the official maiden report! Roll that beautiful footage...

The audio didn't catch my commentary so I'll give a summary here.

In short, as you can see, it flies beautifully! Very graceful and stable in calm air. I wouldn't put her up in any winds over about 5-7mph, but first thing in the morning she's a joy.

It was also a bit cold this morning - about 35 degrees - and the battery was a two year old one, which I believe lead to the short flight before the battery started to lose it's mojo.

I was also wondering how it would do with one of these fancy little 1104 brushless motors, but Paul thinks it would rip the wings off her.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Beautiful little bird. I'm curious about the electronics package, we never did get a picture of it being installed.
    Hangar: Hobbyzone Champ, FT Speedster (modified), Versa-spear(custom), FT Scout, FT Simple Soarer, Cafe Air Racer Mk II, , Eachine H8 mini quad, ZMR 250 quad.
    Workbench: 92" Spirit of St. Louis, Cafe Air Racer Mk III, Progressive Aerodyne Searey
    Deceased: Cafe air racer Mk I, flying wing built from crashed air racer, FT Flyer, Bluntnose Versa, Guillows FF P-51D, Curtiss Jenny

"Who wants to life a life imprisoned in safety?" Amelia Erhart (from the movie, Amelia)

Nice maiden! I'm just charging a battery to go fly my Storch in a small field next to my house as we just got some 50-60 deg temps here finally.
    Too many airplanes and not enough time...

Thanks guys!

It's running on a generic knock off of the horizon receiver brick and brushed motor - basically spare parts for a UMX Champ
    Last edited by rockyboy; 04-03-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5