Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Pretty bird. Nice work.
    Too many airplanes and not enough time...

Thanks guys! It's got so much dihedral I'm really curious how it's going to behave. All the electronics do come in from the bottom on this one but I haven't figured out the mounting yet.

I like the diamonds on the stock scheme, but I might go for a different base color. Need to look through the covering stack and see what jumps out.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Going for red again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171124_231547-1024x576.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	98496

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

It's starting to look a lot like the picture on the package There are some little wrinkles on the sharp curves that I'm not entirely happy with, but overall I think it passes a 2 foot test.

Name:	20171127_234822-1024x576.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	98597

I've got a file ready to run on the vinyl cutter to make the rest of the graphics.

Name:	20171126_230335-1024x576.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	98598

And at this point in the build is when I realize I've got the wrong motor for the mount. So a new motor has been ordered and will be here later this week.
    Last edited by rockyboy; 11-28-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Looks great from here! A couple of thousand miles away. Lol. I wish I could have red airplanes, but I cant see the red against the trees and that is bad.

Yeah, not seeing plane against the trees is bad. Very bad. I have been OK with red, but blue isn't my friend for that.

But I'm planning this one to be a strictly indoor airplane, so it's the color of the bleachers that I need to watch out for.

Not much hobby time in the last week but I did get the graphics sliced on the vinyl cutter. Just need to apply them and then start final assembly of tail components and control horns.

Name:	20171206_000506-1164x655.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	99043

It's starting to look a lot like the picture on the package!

Name:	20171211_234649-1024x576.jpg 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	99224

I followed the graphic layout on the plans, which has the Pacemaker side decal placed further back than the one in the marketing photos. I think I like it like this.

I'm going to add a wider white curve at the nose and then call it finished on the covering and trim work.

Control rods are all hooked up and tested, so the last thing is building landing gear.

There is an indoor fly-in this Sunday where she'll get her maiden flight
    Last edited by rockyboy; Yesterday at 02:47 PM.

Looks great, how do you apply the decals? Do you seal them somehow? I'm finding some of my decals get loose over time.

Thanks! I've been using the Greenstar Outdoor Vinyl and Oracal 651 Outdoor Vinyl and find they are pretty darn permanently stuck to the covering once they get a little pressure. If I start to get crooked with the decal, and I'm very lucky, I can pull it back up a little bit and adjust the angle - but once a couple inches of the material make contact with the vinyl, it's not going anywhere. I haven't tried wet application with this stuff yet, but that's supposed to work just fine and give a little more working time without messing with long term adhesion.

http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-6-...eet-Packs-1212
    http://www.uscutter.com/Oracal-651-1...Pack-Sheet-Kit

And I'm doing the cutting on this little 14" desktop beauty by MH

Name:	mh365-vmc-amzn.jpg 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	99225

http://www.uscutter.com/14-inch-MH-Craft-Vinyl-Cutter

It's pretty affordable as far as this type of tool goes - cheaper than the Cricuts and doesn't lock you into their cutting mats and blades and software.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast