Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I should have asked for this as a Xmas present. I found the Cricut stuff not wanting to stay stuck all that well, maybe this is better.
    Too many airplanes and not enough time...

You can probably use these vinyl sheets just fine with the Cricut cutter - just might need to trim the overall sheet size down to fit the Cricut cutting mat.
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

And we're done!! All ready for maiden flight

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171212_230511-1305x734.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	99295

Name:	20171212_230456-1305x734.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	99296

Name:	20171212_230527-1305x734.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	99297

I'm very happy with how this one turned out! There is a little bunching of the curved white vinyl I added to the nose, but at a couple feet back it looks great.
    Last edited by rockyboy; Today at 04:20 AM.

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

A thousand pints of lite. Joker 53150's Avatar
    That's a nice looking plane! The wing design is really odd and it reminds me of a dragon fly's wing. Narrow at the body, wide towards the end.
    Joker

Balsa dust is a wonderful thing, make some today!

Nicely done and finished as well! Any balsa building lessons learned?

Thanks guys!

Lessons on this one have been reminders that CA doesn't sand well, slow down and use titebond or superphatic on all outer surface joins, vinyl decals don't stretch around curves like iron on covering can, and that Steven's Aeromodel makes a really excellent kit

A thousand pints of lite. Joker 53150's Avatar
    Vinyl decals can stretch a bit, and the heat makes them bend easier - but too much heat will lead to disaster quickly! The transfer tape is the bigger issue, as that doesn't handle curves well. One thing with the vinyl decals I haven't tried yet is applying them over a soapy water mix, which should allow you to move the decal around for final placement before squeegeeing out the excess water and letting it dry.
    Joker

Balsa dust is a wonderful thing, make some today!

I had good luck with the windex method for lining up solite covering and trim shapes, but I haven't tried it with the vinyl yet. I suspect it'll work great...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4