Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flite Test - Baby Blender v.2 - BUILD

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
    Interesting. Speed build kit looks interesting but pricing a little inflated, unless that's a shipped cost. More profit but bad optics.
    If you look at it from another view, you had 3 for $33 which equated to 3 sheets of pre-cut foam. This is also 3 sheets of pre-cut foam plus some poster board. It seems fair to me. They are trying to keep this show up to the standard we expect and I, for one, am willing to kick in some money for it.

Look back at the speed kit video, JB said it himself, they want to give us something for funding the show, if you don't want to fund it, print the design and build for free. As for me, my tricopter build decimated my monthly RC budget, but come the 1st, A blender kit and some decals will be hitting my cart. I love the blender I already built but it's for the show.

Anyone have any comments on the following power package for this plane? Too much power? Too little? Other than the batteries (which I already own and I'm attempting to standardize on) I'm willing to change any of these. I'm looking at sport performance - I don't care about 3D or pattern flying.

Ace, that would run it fine for what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolvon72 View Post
    Ace, that would run it fine for what you're looking for.
    Thanks! That's what I'll order, then. I appreciate the help!

Not trying to go full curmudgeon about it, just the tone is slightly different from the wide-eyed enthusiastic innocence I always associate with FT. There's a slight premium involved for the amount of stuff added, but hey lasers don't pay for themselves.

And proving that I'm no curmudgeon I have a question: Do I have to re-register to use the store? I threw some blenders in the cart but then it looked like my normal login didn't work, so is it a separate username/id registration?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
    Do I have to re-register to use the store? I threw some blenders in the cart but then it looked like my normal login didn't work, so is it a separate username/id registration?
    It seems to me that the main FT page (including the store?) has a different login system from the forum. However, you don't have to log in at all to use the store - you can simply check out as a guest.

Certified DT foam addict WombatControl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWW1FlyingAce View Post
    Anyone have any comments on the following power package for this plane? Too much power? Too little? Other than the batteries (which I already own and I'm attempting to standardize on) I'm willing to change any of these. I'm looking at sport performance - I don't care about 3D or pattern flying.

That setup should work just fine - it's what I'm planning to use! You may want to consider a slightly larger prop for more thrust though - that motor/ESC combination should be able to handle a 9- 10-inch prop just fine.
    A good flight is one in which the plane lands in the same number of pieces it took off with...

I've just started a BB v1, so far all I've done it cut the top wing out. Can I build the rest as a V2 and keep the V1 top wing ok? I don't want to waste a sheet of foamboard, and the improvements on the V2 make it look much better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by WombatControl View Post
    That setup should work just fine - it's what I'm planning to use! You may want to consider a slightly larger prop for more thrust though - that motor/ESC combination should be able to handle a 9- 10-inch prop just fine.
    Yeah - after finding that I'd mistakenly bought reverse pitch props, I went to the hobby shop and picked up some 9x3.8 APC props - per ecalc.ch that should just top out the power draw and should give 32oz of thrust.

Well crap, Easter family travel made me miss the end of the sale. Ah we'll.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast