Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Building Fool-Flying Noob FoamyDM's Avatar
    I know how you feel about the scoring. I feel with the challenges, everyone wins when they happen.
    We (the FT community) have another avenue/ more planes/ more plans/ stronger community.

Um... when is the deadline then? July 12th, 2018?

If so...
    Mine will be the Spacefarers of Catan Rocket game mechanic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Catan rocket.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	102091

$10 to the person who makes a replica of the SpaceX rocket that takes off, splits and each piece land safely at specific locations
    FTF-Build-Ruary CHALLENGE - Sign up and BUILD!

Fan the flame! FTFMM MARCH MADNESS! Get your project finished and break out the Tourney bracket!

Personal:| LPL Flying Sub | VF-9 (Robotech) | FLITE TEST CARD GAME | Kalinin K-12 | Sigma SAM-7

Ultimate Cheap Skate Daniel Kezar's Avatar
    Southern Maine, USA (the cold place with lots of snow and moose and deer and squirrels)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoamyDM View Post
    I know how you feel about the scoring. I feel with the challenges, everyone wins when they happen.
    We (the FT community) have another avenue/ more planes/ more plans/ stronger community.

Um... when is the deadline then? July 12th, 2018?

If so...
    Mine will be the Spacefarers of Catan Rocket game mechanic:

Name:	Catan rocket.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	102091

$10 to the person who makes a replica of the SpaceX rocket that takes off, splits and each piece land safely at specific locations
    cool catan concept. alliteration.

also lol $10? haha. it would cost a couple thousand to make that happen. and that is not including the wrecked ones.
    Major RC's in Flying Condition:FT Flyer (flown once, crashed, repaired), FT Sparrow (unpowered free flight version, flown soooo much, fixed sooo much), FT Simple Soarer (built with electronics, no motor, not flown),
    In Progress:B.A.T. 150% size (some pieces cut out, some not measured out yet), FT Simple Scout (plans taped together), FT Simple Cub (plans printed),
    Retired RC's none yet, although the sparrow is getting close.
    I also have an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt (crawler)

Hey $10 is $10.... I'm glad to see your entry! Also the deadline is the 12th, for everything, I updated the first post as well.
    There isn't anything a little packing tape and hot glue can't fix.

Maker of toothpick glider and staple plane.

YouTube Channel I bet you won't click here!

Southern Maine, USA (the cold place with lots of snow and moose and deer and squirrels)
    Quote Originally Posted by foamtest View Post
    Hey $10 is $10.... I'm glad to see your entry! Also the deadline is the 12th, for everything, I updated the first post as well.
    ok! july 12th! my birthday!
    Major RC's in Flying Condition:FT Flyer (flown once, crashed, repaired), FT Sparrow (unpowered free flight version, flown soooo much, fixed sooo much), FT Simple Soarer (built with electronics, no motor, not flown),
    In Progress:B.A.T. 150% size (some pieces cut out, some not measured out yet), FT Simple Scout (plans taped together), FT Simple Cub (plans printed),

the only problem i see is with scoring. you might as well not include me because i most likely will not be at ff and i do not have an altimeter.

I think height measurement might be an issue, I have an altimeter that Ill be bringing to flitefest for those who are there. For those who do not have one you will be exempt from that part of the scoring.

Building Fool-Flying Noob FoamyDM's Avatar
    Daniel Don't let that stop you. I'll be surprised if mine doesn't turn sideways at launch. I've shot 2 rockets ever. 1 was a 2 liter rocket.

Both went up. None-looked like a 1950's space rocket.
    FTF-Build-Ruary CHALLENGE - Sign up and BUILD!

Fan the flame! FTFMM MARCH MADNESS! Get your project finished and break out the Tourney bracket!

Personal:| LPL Flying Sub | VF-9 (Robotech) | FLITE TEST CARD GAME | Kalinin K-12 | Sigma SAM-7

Don't worry about it, this challenge is more about fun than anything else. Plus it's just that, a challenge, to push the limits of foam board.

Quote Originally Posted by FoamyDM View Post
    Daniel Don't let that stop you. I'll be surprised if mine doesn't turn sideways at launch. I've shot 2 rockets ever. 1 was a 2 liter rocket.

Both went up. None-looked like a 1950's space rocket.
    haha. i might have a slight advantage considering my hobby before i got into rc was rocketry. i have 6 rockets (5 that i can launch, one needs fins bc apparently the recover system included ejecting half of the rocket), 3 launch stands, 2 functional launch controller, and- lets see- one C6-5 and two A10-3T rocket engines (i did a big launch day with my 4H club a few months ago where i went through about $25 worth of engines. this is all i have left at the moment) i will try to attach a picture of the remnants after.

thats my bucket of stuff after

Name:	IMG_0828.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	607.8 KB 
ID:	102207

i laid out some stuff on my bed after. yummy sulfur smell for a week after.

**file upload keeps failing. sorry no other pictures.

edit: just wanted to note i did rockets for a long time. since i was like 8. most of them flew away. recently i have had better luck. needless to say, my collection would be 3 times as large if i had recovered them all over the years.
    Last edited by Daniel Kezar; 02-14-2018 at 07:31 PM.

I also got into rockets at a young age and even have a gold one that used film to take pictures at apogee. Really cool when I was 5. Then I build some out of cardboard tubes I had lying around and I still haven't lost one yet. Although I did have to make a new friend to get one out of a gutter but that's a story for a different time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast