Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Goats View Post
    I remember eating some German or Swiss chocolate from you at FTFF a few years ago. Maybe u can find some of that to supplement your diet.

With all you chef types and nice food I thought I'd input my food. Anybody here had squirrel stew? I guess they call it Brunswick stew. Alaska squirrels aren't like the fat things in the lower 48 so it takes like 20 squirrels to feed 6 people.
    I've had Brunswick stew; however, I had it in a place in the Carolinas, and they didn't put squirrel in, they used chicken, beef, and pork roast. It wasn't bad, but unfortunately, it wasn't great, either - reminded me of a runny, meat pudding that didn't have much in the way of flavor. The place I had it wasn't exactly known for it, either, so maybe it wasn't the best example of Brunswick stew...
    Hangar:

Blade Conspiracy 220, Inductrix Pro, FT Sea Duck, FT Duster, FT MiG-3, Versa Wing, ParkZone Archer

Workbench:

Possible Crimson Skies plane? We'll see!!

Retired to a Club Member:

Blade Glimpse

I have an instant pot at my house and that thing is freaking awesome. It makes the best pulled pork I have ever tasted, and cheddar broccoli soup that's better than Panera's. Seriously if you don't have one, get one, they are great. Also I can get the recipies for them when I get home later tonight.

Also I think we should all meet up at FFOhio and cook the FT Team a lunch on Saturday night, anyone else with me?
    There isn't anything a little packing tape and hot glue can't fix.

Maker of toothpick glider and staple plane.

Mystery link I bet you won't click it

Quote Originally Posted by foamtest View Post
    Also I think we should all meet up at FFOhio and cook the FT Team a lunch on Saturday night, anyone else with me?
    If I come to a flite fest in the upcoming year (I want to take a gap year before I head off to uni, so it's looking a little more likely) I am totally down for that!

Quote Originally Posted by foamtest View Post
    I have an instant pot at my house and that thing is freaking awesome. It makes the best pulled pork I have ever tasted, and cheddar broccoli soup that's better than Panera's. Seriously if you don't have one, get one, they are great. Also I can get the recipies for them when I get home later tonight.

If they do a FF West again, I'll be down for it - going to Ohio this year isn't in the books for me.
    Hangar:

Blade Conspiracy 220, Inductrix Pro, FT Sea Duck, FT Duster, FT MiG-3, Versa Wing, ParkZone Archer

Workbench:

Possible Crimson Skies plane? We'll see!!

Retired to a Club Member:

Blade Glimpse

Kite Eating Tree Trimmer cranialrectosis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Goats View Post
    Anybody here had squirrel stew? I guess they call it Brunswick stew. Alaska squirrels aren't like the fat things in the lower 48 so it takes like 20 squirrels to feed 6 people.
    When I was a kid in southern California I would hunt the big Western Grey squirrels and fish the streams north of Kernville. I was 12 or 13 and carried my rifle and a sidearm a topo map and compass. Me and my dog would be gone for days at a time just hunting and fishing and exploring the Sequoia National Forest.

Squirrel on a spit creekside with raspberry or gooseberry juice as a baste is pretty darned good. The meat is very sweet and subtle. Raspberries really make the drumsticks pop.

It was a great way to grow up.

Thanks pop.
    Freiheit schöner götterfunken tochter aus elysium!

Quote Originally Posted by cranialrectosis View Post
    When I was a kid in southern California I would hunt the big Western Grey squirrels and fish the streams north of Kernville. I was 12 or 13 and carried my rifle and a sidearm a topo map and compass. Me and my dog would be gone for days at a time just hunting and fishing and exploring the Sequoia National Forest.

Squirrel on a spit creekside with raspberry or gooseberry juice as a baste is pretty darned good. The meat is very sweet and subtle. Raspberries really make the drumsticks pop.

It was a great way to grow up.

Thanks pop.
    I never did like common Montana squirrel much (only tried twice) and we wouldn't eat the groundhogs, but fresh brook trout with just salt and pepper on a hickory or apple wood fire under the stars really hit the spot!
    I want YOU to join us in the 2018 Flite Test Forum WWII Design/Build Challenge!

My hanger listing, build threads, conversion projects, and Taranis radio mods are Over Here....

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cranialrectosis View Post
    Hmmmm...........Hank only mentions North California. If you are around, I will need to remember to change that lyric
    Active Hanger: FT Simple Soarer, FT Mini Cruiser, FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang.
    Under construction: Simple Cubs. On Deck: B-25 SS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3