Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
    Posting Elsewhere
    Aerospace Engineer.
    Last worked as a systems engineer in the flight test (certification) of the Boeing 787.

Some free career advice for you young ones seeking a job in engineering. Gain the skills to be flexible.

After a project is designed corporations have little need of engineers and will shed the engineering overhead as fast as they can. There is no loyalty in corporate America! This means that as soon as a product is designed and in production (or canceled) you will be looking for another project (job) within the company or industry. An engineering degree alone means that you will be out of work for large blocks of time. But if you also have an MBA with a focus on program management or finance you will be much more valuable to the hiring corporations.

All the best,
    Konrad
    Last edited by Konrad; 05-24-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Maneuvering With Purpose SlingShot's Avatar
    Until July 2015 I worked as captain of Platform Supply Vessels and Oil Spill Recovery vessels in the offshore oil industry. I worked out of ports in the U.S., Mexico, Congo, Angola and Brazil. When the industry slowed down in earnest I "semi-retired" and started to run a small commercial fishing operation in Mexico.

In March of 2016 I became a 56 year old beginning guitar player. I am totally hooked and I now have the adolescent dream of being a third rate musician. I am actually hopeful to one day earn a little food money with the guitar. I was a liberal arts major...with a brain groomed to be an engineer.
    Hanger: Calypso, FT Flyer, FT Delta, FT Tiny Trainer, Tiny Trainer (Sport), FT Mini Arrow, FT Mini F-22, FT Mini Mustang, FT Mustang, Tiny Racer Trainer, Baby Bugatti, Mid7night A-4. Retired: B-25 Super Sport. Under (re)construction: A-4, On Deck: B-25 SS

Low level IT worker for a large Hospital in South Florida.

Wish I could make money building and flying....
    If you don't crash you aren't trying hard enough!!!

Aerospace Engineer with a focus on combustion and rocket propulsion. Yes... you can get a graduate degree in how to burn all the things and master barbecuing. I've worked for Boeing for over 20 years - building and testing missiles.

My other calling is to work with youth to explore engineering and outdoor adventure (Civil Air Patrol - Aerospace Education Officer, Scouts - Crew Advisor / Merit Badge Counselor, and American Heritage Girls).

Josh, please, It is great to know your job but please keep the links and all out of your posts. This is really not the site for it!
    God bless you'se.

I'm a data analyst at an education company. So I basically write code and make interactive visualizations to try and figure out what we actually know about the millions of people our company gets in touch with all year.
    Matt Campbell - FPV/RC Newbie
    Pennsylvania, Bucks County (Near Philly and Central Jersey)
    http://hyperbolicfpv.com

Kite Eating Tree Trimmer cranialrectosis's Avatar
    Holy cow. Look at all the geeks!

FliteTest is my favorite NerdistColony.
    Freiheit schöner götterfunken tochter aus elysium!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36