• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aloft Hobbies

Aloft Hobbies

I've got a Turnigy 9X with the FrSky module and have ordered a few times from Hobby King. I finally noticed Aloft Hobbies and figured I'd order from a US source to see how much more quickly I could get the order.

Wow!

I placed the order last Friday - a telemetry receiver and data display. The order was placed before I noticed I forgot the voltage sensor, so I called and talked to them in person (IN PERSON!) and was told to just order it right away and set it up as a pick-up order. They'd combine the two and ship it together.

The order shipped out that day and arrived two days later (California to Wisconsin) for cheap USPS shipping. The voltage sensor wasn't there. Not a huge deal, I know they're busy getting their new radios and gear shipped so I called and explained the problem. Again I was able to talk to an actual human who speaks English as his first language! He apologized and said they'd ship it that day at no charge for shipping or if I was ordering more they'd just add it to the new order. I didn't need anything right away so I had them ship it. That piece arrived today, so the order is complete and received in less time than it'd take for Hobby King to ship the typical order.

I'll be ordering everything I can from these guys now - the price is basically the same as ordering from China, but that kind of customer service needs to be rewarded with more business!

I'm waiting for the Taranis, I've had plenty of orders with them before and they are my primary FrSky source.

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
    VERY Rural Texas, also a Bermuda Triangle of Jurisdictions where everything is legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    I'm waiting for the Taranis, I've had plenty of orders with them before and they are my primary FrSky source.
    What MrClean said is the same for me.

Thurmond
    The best way to avoid Sin Burn
    is with SON screen.
    Beware of the many counterfeit products
    being offered. Only the real product works!
    The only place to get it is found in the New Testament!
    Study it DAILY! Sin Burn last FOREVER!
    PM for details.

Abandoned by a tricopter earthsciteach's Avatar
    I'd like to add a plug for Aloft Hobbies. I ordered a FrSky D8R-XP receiver from them on Saturday, Sept 7th. It was waiting for me when I got home on Monday, Sept 9th. That was with $3.00 USPS shipping. I'm very happy with that!
    Self-appointed Flite Test Forum Ambassador

Official Winner of the Flite Test Forum STOL Build Contest

Ya, and I'm lovin my Taranis. It's cool.

One of David's care bears xuzme720's Avatar
    I'm still waiting for mine. Does anyone know how long the wait list is? I've been on it since the end of July or round abouts...
    Yes, I DO call that a landing! It's on the ground, isn't it?!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xuzme720/videos
    It's pronounced "excuse me 720" or call me Gary, my mom always did.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit!" M. Hedberg

Eventually they'll be enough of them out there. Then we'll have to wait for the Horus.

What am I saying. Already waiting on the Horus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    Eventually they'll be enough of them out there. Then we'll have to wait for the Horus.

What am I saying. Already waiting on the Horus.
    Yeah...<sigh>
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit!" M. Hedberg

If it's any consolation, I've been waiting on 9mm ammo about the same way since about this time last year. Can't feed my toys! Luckily it don't take much practice to hit a man size target at 21 feet but getting em all in the center ring at 15 yards is a bit harder without shooting weekly.

Is there a 9mm shortage or is it a special round?

I'm out in the country where 12ga rules!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast