Register | Help | Store Account | FliteTest Dashboard
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread: FT-Viggen Build

Wow! That thrust vectoring is fantastic! You had that Viggen doing all sorts of crazy stuff. I'll jump on tomorrow and post pictures of my freshly painted Viggen.

The Show Must Go On

Based on the amazing red scheme that can be found here -> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154636&page=87
    Also was helped by this gentleman's work -?>http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...n-Paint-Scheme

Here it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7632.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	89836

Name:	IMG_7633.JPG 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	89837

Name:	IMG_7636.JPG 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	89838

Name:	IMG_7637.JPG 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	89839

Name:	IMG_7638.JPG 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	89840

Yesterday, was my birthday. It was the night I finished my Viggen build. It's ready for flight and a maiden video should be posting tomorrow. Then I'll need is to use my colored tape to make it look faster. Seen some good ideas here

Name:	image.jpg 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	91359

Views:	1 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	91360

Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	91361
    RTF
    Fixed Wing: FT Tiny Trainer, FT Versa Wing FPV, FT Corsair, FT Simple Soarer, FT Sparrow, nnTigerMoth, Bloody (d20) Baron, AF-X1, FT Sea Duck
    Quad: Spidex 3D, RoboCAT 270, Vtail 210
    Work Bench: : Fixed Wing: VF-9 (Robotech), MESA F-15 Tomcat, , FF Stealth Fighter, CARDGAME
    Working Ideas: Dragonfly-opter (DB), Dragon Ornithopter, Robotech Scram Jet Retired(R)/Destroyed(D): None Yet
    Transmitter: HK-T6A V2, Radiolink AT10

Viggen vs Farm Machinery

Lost the Viggen in a field of mature wheat 2 weeks earlier. Farmer harvested the wheat the day before our picnic and found my plane... AFTER the combine had "processed" it. Viggen vs grain combine? No contest!

Name:	DSC00527.JPG 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	91385

Name:	DSC00531.JPG 
Size:	538.1 KB 
ID:	91386

Name:	wreckage_1.jpg 
Size:	463.3 KB 
ID:	91387

Keep on Flyin'

Last night I gave the Viggen a go right before sunset. I plugged it in and tested the surfaces, checked CG... all good. then got the throttle up and threw... and watched it arc to the ground, which bruise the nose a bit.

then I ran through the check again. Do you know what I missed?

I never checked thrust direction.
    then I said to my son, like chevy Chase in NLPCV, - "We checked that already I know I made sure that was right" specifically because this model closes it all up.

Then I remembered. I did check it. before I closed it in and had the propeller explode (puncturing the shell here and there.). Fortunately Had two of these so I grabbed the other prop and sanded the rind smooth to ensure proper non-exploding operation. (most likely caused by my non-perfect cutting skills. I put it all back, but I never retested motor direction.

Back it was as the sun set with a quick pair of incisions, and a prying motion, the connections reversed, Motor direction confirmed correct, and NOW it's ready for a Maiden flight tonight unless NC weather strikes again like it did Sunday and all last week (3:30-4pm downpour).
    I will have two Batteries ready and everything.

I think I need to change where I live, so I can test in my backyard.
    RTF
    Fixed Wing: FT Tiny Trainer, FT Versa Wing FPV, FT Corsair, FT Simple Soarer, FT Sparrow, nnTigerMoth, Bloody (d20) Baron, AF-X1, FT Sea Duck
    Work Bench: : Fixed Wing: VF-9 (Robotech), MESA F-15 Tomcat, , FF Stealth Fighter, CARDGAME
    Working Ideas: Dragonfly-opter (DB), Dragon Ornithopter, Robotech Scram Jet Retired(R)/Destroyed(D): None Yet

Got time last night. We had a great time with the Viggen's first flight.
    I was using a 64 QX EDF unit. on a 3S unit. it cruised around 60-70% throttle
    Video to be posted tonight (wanted to get an intro-outro added).

I have a 5 1/2 minute flight which is a record flight time. Thing I noticed was it was and east slow fly around 50-60% throttle, but needed some head speed to get moving to do a loop. It'll roll all day long. Either way it was a great low and fast plane to fly and easy to control.

After a hard nose landing crumpling the front. We had to stop.. as the plane was rolling from the crumple.

If David's reading this on occasion, THANK YOU! this plane is. Great. Video to come soon.
    RTF

Just had to scratch-build my FT Viggen, (No kits available in EU) and get the cheapest EDF that might do the trick.
    Total cost (including everything, foamboards, glue, edf, esc, carbon spar, servos, linkage, linkage stoppers...) exclusive receiver ($14) and Lipo ($30-ish) $64 (excl TAX). Works with Turnigy Graphene 3000mAh 15C 3S, 755 gr AUW.
    Maiden went fine, can't do verticals but good enough, eight! minutes of flight time if you fly below 60% throttle. Really good wind penetration.

Name:	IMG_20170715_212001.jpg 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	92377
    Planes/Quads:
    Active: Baby Brit, FT Mini Scout, FT Spitfire, FT Storch, FT MM Vector, F949, Hubsan 107D, HK Black Widow 260 Quad, FT Otter
    Retired: FT Sparrow, 50% FT Spitfire
    TX: Flysky Fs-i6 (10ch mod), Turnigy TGY-i6 (10chmod/timer), Devo 7e (modded)
    My FT planes on youtube

Here's the Maiden Video
    I hope you enjoy as much as I did flying.

RTF

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49