Goldberg Electra

Steveopolus

I have a goldberg electra kit. I am missing all the parts for the outer wing panels. They were used by someone else to repair a crash. Anybody have these parts or drawings of the ribs profile. I have the plans wich will give length, but no side profiles. Ive been building for 35 yrs and can figure it out, but figured i would see if anything is out there. steveopolus@yahoo.com located in SE FL

Tench745

Master member
Electra plans are available on outerzone. I'm not sure if they have the outer ribs or not. I don't have my computer with me to check. In theory you can just cut the tip rib and the largest rib, stack up your stock for all the ribs in between, then sand them all to the correct taper together. No need to mark out each rib individually. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Corbarrad

I have a fresh kit at home, which includes the build plans.
I'm on the other side of the atlantic, but I sould be able to get you the drawings for those ribs...
worst comes to worst I'll just slap the ribs on the scanner

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Electra plans are available on outerzone. I'm not sure if they have the outer ribs or not. I don't have my computer with me to check. In theory you can just cut the tip rib and the largest rib, stack up your stock for all the ribs in between, then sand them all to the correct taper together. No need to mark out each rib individually. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The "parts ID sheet" has the outline for all the punch-wood parts. They probably aren't to scale, but I'd expect they're linedrawings resized from the source. Wouldn't be that hard to scale the print so the ID sheet outlines become scale templates -- measure the rib length for the missing rib, measure the rib outline, divide and scale by the result.