Help! Lemon rx with stabilizer issue

kdobson83

I have a dx8i and am having trouble getting the gyro on my lemon rx to activate. I have it bound, and it functions like a normal rx should, but the gyro isn't coming on when I flip my gear switch. I've read the PDF for it like 10 times, and I've looked all over, and basically, all I should have to do is flip the gear switch for it to activate. But nothing. Both the green and red lights are on. Am I doing something wrong? I am new to spectrum radios so it could be something I'm doing...

Anyone have experience with the lemon rx with stabilizer gyro? Here is the link to the exact rx I have
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0165HKYWU/?tag=lstir-20

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't have any Spectrum gear but will post my 2 cents to at least bump this back up so maybe someone who does can help.

I would make sure the switch you are using is in fact mapped to gear (or at the very least what ever AUX channel Spectrum is calling gear)

kdobson83

Yes, I double checked to make sure the gear swictch was mapped correctly. I have it on a 2 position switch because I assumed it's an on/off function. Anyone else have any ideas?

kdobson83

I figured it out. The receiver has a bunch of switches on top, 3 for reversing the sabilized surfaces, 2 for turning on v-tail or Delta. For some reason, you have to turn both of those on to get it to stabilize for regular planes. I didn't mess with this switches because no where does it say to flip them for regular planes. The owners manual is kinda pourly written and for some reason there isn't much info out there on them, even though they are pretty popular. Oh well. Got it turned on and adjusted. Time to fly now.

Bricks

Master member
Make absolutely sure the control response from the stabilizer in stabilizer mode is in the right direction, in all directions.. Bad things happen very fast when wrong, when aircraft is moved the control surface should deflect in the ....opposite ..... direction, first time I set one up ahhh it was not right.