Quad Help!!!

KBTalon17

RotorBoyFPV
Hi all,
I have two quads out of commission right now and I can't seem to get them to work. Quad-1: a raceflight revolt v2 that was working two weeks ago but stopped working after I was trying to connect to a newer version of racflightone. When I connected to the computer it rebooted my board so that it would connect but would never let me finish the setup wizards. so I tried flashing a newer version of the firmware on the chrome app to see if that would make it work, but now it wont even connect to it. I've watched the raceflight tutorial on how to fix the driver so it will connect but the USB isn't in the "device manager" on the PC. So if any one knows what I can do, help would be much appreciated.

Quad-2: it has a cicada omnibus f4 all in one flashed with LUXF4OSD firmware which worked really well a few weeks ago but I recently switched to a FrSky transmitter. So I went on BetaFlight to setup my controls but I cant get the receiver tab to show my inputs. I know I've bound it right ind I've gone through all the UARTs to see if it was that and its not. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please tell me!!!

If you know how to fix one of these problems just label it with Quad-1 or Quad-2 so I know which one you are talking about.

Thanks,
Kendall

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Quad 2 sounds like the configurator/firmware incompatibility, flash to the latest stable firmware and see what happens.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Any progress with the above suggestions? Both of those should solve the issues you describe.

KBTalon17

RotorBoyFPV
Connection problems are often due to a bad or the wrong USB cable. You need a real data cable. Not all USB cables are the same.

If the cable isn't the issue try the ImpulseRC driver fixer.
So ive actually tried both of those things and the impulserc driver fixer does make it able to go into DFU mode so I have flashed it with the raceflightone firmware but then when I plug it into the computer it recognizes the usb but then I cant find it in the device manager to upgrade the driver. I have also tried using different cables but I might need to just go buy a data cable. Thanks for your help I'll try what you said!

KBTalon17

RotorBoyFPV
so I used the beta flight download and it connected finally but it still won't detect the receiver:( Any ideas?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I found with Beta Flight that you have to choose the Uart you have your receiver wired to. SAVE that and reboot or even reconnect sometimes. THEN you can select your receiver type on the configuration page. Save and reboot and usually they come to life.

I have never got Beta Flight to see a receiver when I select the uart, save then go right to the config page or even do that all in reverse.

KBTalon17

RotorBoyFPV
Hey I got Quad-2 to show radio inputs and I went and flew it today!!!!! so what I did was I had the signal wire to my receiver on a rx tx pad cause I had to do that to get my last sbus receiver to work. But I had the idea to put it back on the normal sbus pad and it worked!!!! so know its just the race flight board that I need to figure out in quad-1.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Since the LuxF4 is an F4 flight controller, the UARTs not come inverted naitively, which is required for s.bus. Flight controller manufacturers put specific s.bus pads on because those have a hardware inverter. That’s why a normal RX pad would not work. Glad you got it working!!!