Looking to jump in

slakjak

Hello all, my daughter an I saw our first event revolving FPV and general flying around with planes and drones. She has been asking me everyday for the past month on when I am getting a drone for her to fly. If anyone has any spares to offer up I would be more than happy to pay for shipping to get her started. I have a drone that I built but unfortunately a stupid mistake made me fry a couple of motors so it's grounded.

Thanks to anyone ahead of time!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hello all, my daughter an I saw our first event revolving FPV and general flying around with planes and drones. She has been asking me everyday for the past month on when I am getting a drone for her to fly. If anyone has any spares to offer up I would be more than happy to pay for shipping to get her started. I have a drone that I built but unfortunately a stupid mistake made me fry a couple of motors so it's grounded.

Thanks to anyone ahead of time!

Have either of you flown drones before? I ask because it is not the best aerial vehicle to jump into for a first time pilot. I know; I was one of those idiots who thought he could jump right in. :) LOL

Save a little bit of money off of the start - get a simulator and practice. Seriously - this is the best thing for learning the basics of flight with a quadcopter; you can crash thousands upon thousands of times, and it doesn't have a heavy hit on your wallet replacing props, broken arms, busted motors and ESCs, etc. when the crashes happen. Also, it's even LESS expensive if you have a loss of control and it flies away where you can't find it!

If you have a transmitter already, you can pick up Liftoff for $20 on Steam and go through that. I know some people don't care for it, but it's the one I literally taught myself to fly acro quads with, and I went straight from 40+ hours on the simulator to flying FPV with only minor issues (like adjusting for wind drift, actual tree branches and bushes)...I HIGHLY recommend it.