Taranis X9D Plus button not working after firmware update

droneboy43

I recently updated the firmware on my taranis x9d plus to version 2.2. AFter doing this I got an sd card warning. I ignored and started cycling through the menus just to make sure everything was intact. That was when I realized that the "+" button wasn't working. I wasn't stuck, like other people's. It was simply not recognized when I pushed it. I though that this might have something to do with the sd card warning, so I did some googling. I found out how to fix it, and I did. It was just a matter of removing the old sd card files and copying in the new ones. I wasn't getting the warning anymore. I went back through the menus to test the button, but it still isn't working. Please help.

Edit: I got it fixed. I ended up doing a factory reset, and the firmware stayed the same version. Now all I have to do is import my models.

Last edited:

droneboy43

Turns out that didn't help me at all. Now my throttle is assigned to my pitch stick no matter how I set up the channels in the model. therefore I always get a throttle not idle warning unless the pitch stick is completely bottomed out. Please help me. I really want to get it back to working condition.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
This video should show you how to get your radio switched into Mode 2 (or Mode 1 depending on where you're looking get to). The OpenTX software is basically the same between the QX7 and X9D's