Where Are The FT Edge Free Plans?????

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I am not an employee of Flite Test nor do I represent Flite Test in any "official" capacity. I'm just a guy who has been inspired and blessed by what Flite Test, and the amazing community that they helped build, has given me. I choose to pay that forward as much as I can. I have a full-time job, a wife, a son in college, and two teenage daughters that I also need to put through college. All this to say that occasionally I must juggle my priorities.

Yes, the free FT Edge plans will be a little late in coming. I sincerely apologize for that. In order for Flite Test to have the kit available at Flite Fest Ohio, there just wasn't enough time for me to be able to complete the free plans on-time for this release. I was also busy preparing to attend Flite Fest myself. I will be working on the free plans over the next few days and hope to have them ready soon.

I appreciate your patience and understating. I will try to get you your free plans as soon as possible. I the meantime, please try to remain respectful and treat others the way you would wish to be treated. Keep Calm...plans are coming.

Chuppster

I am not an employee of Flite Test nor do I represent Flite Test in any "official" capacity. I'm just a guy who has been inspired and blessed by what Flite Test, and the amazing community that they helped build, has given me. I choose to pay that forward as much as I can. I have a full-time job, a wife, a son in college, and two teenage daughters that I also need to put through college. All this to say that occasionally I must juggle my priorities.

Yes, the free FT Edge plans will be a little late in coming. I sincerely apologize for that. In order for Flite Test to have the kit available at Flite Fest Ohio, there just wasn't enough time for me to be able to complete the free plans on-time for this release. I was also busy preparing to attend Flite Fest myself. I will be working on the free plans over the next few days and hope to have them ready soon.

I appreciate your patience and understating. I will try to get you your free plans as soon as possible. I the meantime, please try to remain respectful and treat others the way you would wish to be treated. Keep Calm...plans are coming.

Sp0nz, you do a great job, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are grateful for all you do. I personally can wait given how excellent the quality of the plans you make are. Life can get busy and we appreciate that you can take the time to format them for us so soon, even if it's a week or so after release. That being said, we are very excited to build this beauty!

kilroy07

Legendary member
Yes, the free FT Edge plans will be a little late in coming. I sincerely apologize for that.
NOT needed brother!! The work you do here is greatly appreciated by all (even the salty ones!) ;)
Besides, who doesn't have half a dozen planes already on their build list?!!

Working for years (more than I care to admit) in the CAD industry (Civil engineering support) your recent plans are very professional looking and well done. I for one appreciate that it takes time (especially the EXTRA touches you've added like cutting the plans into tiled sheets for those printing out on home printers.)

It was great to meet you at FF!

(y)(y)

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
@Chuppster, thanks for the kind words. It is greatly appreciated. I do what I can do for my fellow scratch builders. And I for one am grateful that Flite Test still gives away all their designs for free. Find me another business out there that continuously gives away there IP for free?

@kilroy07, Thanks! It was great to meet and talk to you as well. Loved your FT Legacy build. That thing was legit!

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member

I'm new around here so take that into consideration. I don't think you owe anyone an apology. I think it is great and very giving that you do this at all.
Sorry if it is somewhere and I missed it but you should have a place where we can buy you a prop or servo in gratitude.

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
It's been like this since the Buschwacker came out a few years ago. SP0NZ needs some working time to get to plans done up to his standards, and it can take a bit for a plane as complex as the edge. Since the final draft of the Edge came in just a few days before flite fest, He wasn't able to deliver them on time, which, in this case, was two days earlier than normal. Also, free plans USUALLY come out with the build video, not the release video
ya thats what i meant srry if i didnt word what i said right. i've always remember the free plans coming out when the build video came out.

SaltyGator

I have been flying model airplanes, and quads now, for over 30 years. I for one am very appreciative of the FT making the plans available and the support they provide to the non-profit through the kit sales. I try to support the cause when I can by buying speed build kits and supplies.

I am also eager to build this plane, but i figure I'm going to need to rebuild it few times as I try to learn to fly 3D again.

Because I have a laser cutter, I have to convert the pdf plans back to Fusion 360 for the CAM software. I was wondering if the Fusion 360 files could be made available? It would save several hour of work!

Great work Andres! And, thanks for everything you do Flite Test.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
I have been flying model airplanes, and quads now, for over 30 years. I for one am very appreciative of the FT making the plans available and the support they provide to the non-profit through the kit sales. I try to support the cause when I can by buying speed build kits and supplies.

I am also eager to build this plane, but i figure I'm going to need to rebuild it few times as I try to learn to fly 3D again.

Because I have a laser cutter, I have to convert the pdf plans back to Fusion 360 for the CAM software. I was wondering if the Fusion 360 files could be made available? It would save several hour of work!

Great work Andres! And, thanks for everything you do Flite Test.

I too have a laser and have been pasting the PDF's together to do cutting and if they chose to add DXF to their offerings I'd be very happy but I'm already very happy that they are doing what they are doing.
I will buy a precut one of each as an honorarium but for the second or a rebuild it is going to be nice to be able to cut my own parts quickly.

Planiac01

I talked to one of the volunteers at the legacy group fly on Saturday at FliteFest, and he said that FT was not going to release plans or sell kits for a few months until all the founders get their planes. All the founders perks were supposed to be sent out well before Flite Fest, but they are running a little late It isn't fair to those people who paid extra and early to get their planes when everyone else does, so FT is going to release the plane to the masses in a month or so after all the founders have gotten a chance to build and fly theirs. The reason that they released the Edge at FF was because they couldn't release the Legacy.

Chuppster

I talked to one of the volunteers at the legacy group fly on Saturday at FliteFest, and he said that FT was not going to release plans or sell kits for a few months until all the founders get their planes. All the founders perks were supposed to be sent out well before Flite Fest, but they are running a little late It isn't fair to those people who paid extra and early to get their planes when everyone else does, so FT is going to release the plane to the masses in a month or so after all the founders have gotten a chance to build and fly theirs. The reason that they released the Edge at FF was because they couldn't release the Legacy.

That makes a lot of sense to me.