What Happened to the FT Store?!

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Website is now powered by AMain.com. It was a logistics change. So now you can order from FT and AMain at the same time ;)

Last edited:

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Was just going to say what Luis said...if you look at the bottom there's a notice that it's now powered by amain.

Not sure I'm a big fan of this. I liked the FT store in large part because it didn't have a bunch of stuff I wasn't interested in so it was super quick and easy to find the things I did want. Like servos. Before it was just the servos you'd likely need/want for FT builds...now there's 239 servos listed and I have to filter and search to find the ones I want.

Prices appear to be higher too. Like the ES9051 servos I was looking for (which are out of stock :( ) are now $5.99 but last time I bought them in March they were $4.75. Buying four servos that's a big enough difference to be like buying 5 at the old price :(

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Was just going to say what Luis said...if you look at the bottom there's a notice that it's now powered by amain.

Not sure I'm a big fan of this. I liked the FT store in large part because it didn't have a bunch of stuff I wasn't interested in so it was super quick and easy to find the things I did want. Like servos. Before it was just the servos you'd likely need/want for FT builds...now there's 239 servos listed and I have to filter and search to find the ones I want.

Prices appear to be higher too. Like the ES9051 servos I was looking for (which are out of stock :( ) are now $5.99 but last time I bought them in March they were $4.75. Buying four servos that's a big enough difference to be like buying 5 at the old price :(

Wow, the new site is rough when you're just looking for FT stuff, never felt the need to order from AMain before. This will be interesting for sure!

abieex

Mentor
I had heard a few weeks ago that the store was going to get much larger. Did not expect a merge with Amain though. Still using my LHS before anyone else.

rgc213

It would also appear that the 'let us build it for you' option in gremlins/FT270's is no longer available.
For someone without the time and/or know how for building quads, but enjoys flying them, that's a bummer.
Maybe they'll add it as an option later......

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
My Flite Test store account isn't working. Anyone else having a problem logging in?

rgc213

My Flite Test store account isn't working. Anyone else having a problem logging in?

did you go through the steps at the bottom of the login page?

->

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the launch of the new Flite Test Store web site and to protect your privacy, existing passwords from the old web site were not copied over.

If you had account on the old Flite Test Store web site, please do a password reset to assign a new password to your account by clicking here.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
did you go through the steps at the bottom of the login page?

->

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the launch of the new Flite Test Store web site and to protect your privacy, existing passwords from the old web site were not copied over.

If you had account on the old Flite Test Store web site, please do a password reset to assign a new password to your account by clicking here.

I did, it does not send me a link to my email to reset it.

Liam B

I, for one, don't like it at all. IF I want to order from AMain, I'll order from their site. I like to have the FT store be exclusively un by FT. That way, I know I'm benefiting them when I order something from them and customer service is top notch from them as it is.

Namactual

Elite member
I am sure FT is getting a portion of every sale, that's probably why the prices have gone up a bit.

I am sure this was not an easy decision to make, but I don't think FT really has the resources to REALLY expand their store. I am not sure how I feel about it either, but at the same time I am not sure they could do much else.

Well, except maybe keep the store the way it was.:unsure:

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I'm surprised that FliteTest is not a manufacturer fiter you can apply when searching for kits!!!

It is in some places. If you go to Airplanes -> Kits then FT is an option under the "Filter Brands" option on the left. Also seems to work under Airplanes -> Parts -> Control Horns (which I'm happy to report are still the same $5 as before)

And if you click on the FT logo on a product detail page for one of their products it seems to bring up all FT products. (I'd share the link but it doesn't look like a link that's likely to stay the same over time.)

DharanFlyer

Reserving judgement for now here.

Only immediate thought is that it is very busy and jumbled. To many carousels trying to up sell.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Interesting.

None of the links work for me. One of my privacy settings appears to be blocking all clicks to all links except youtube on the front page of the new store...

I saw a great puzzle on an FT dude's shirt.

"1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7HE 4B1L17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NGE" - 573PH3N H4WK1NG

Guess it's time to step up and figure out how to buy something in celebration of the new store! :)