Hey from Lower Alabama. I have problem charging BetaFPV 4.35v 50c/100c 1s LiHV 550mAh on my ISDT SC-620

LanceK

I'm new to the RC quadcopter hobby. Building a BetaFPV 75s micro which is basically plug and play. In attempting to charge the new battery, a 4.35v 50c/100c 1s LiHV 550 mAh on my ISDT SC-620 charger, I have the battery plug into charging board. The SC-620 read actual voltage at 3.92v. In the SC-620 set up screen I choose LiHv for battery type, cell voltage at:4.35v, cell count: 1s and current setting at .50a. When I start charge I get a warning that; Current Operation is not Supported. Confirm. I have gotten pass this point. You help is appreciated.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I have several other ISDT chargers, but not that particular model, so my help might not be as helpful as you need :)

But, I'd try switching to standard LiPo mode instead of LiHV and see if it will charge you up to 4.2 properly. And maybe post a picture of the connection setup, but honestly I don't think it's a wiring problem if it's able to read the actual voltage.

LanceK

Thanks rockyboy, I tried your suggestion, but got the same results. I have included photos of set up and the SC-620 screen. There is a jumper wire for the charging board, but I have no idea how to use. I thought since the charger could read the battery's voltage the charging board was set correctly. I tried to send email to ISDT Tech. but it came back un-deliverable. Do you have any contact info? Contact for US distributors?
IMG_20180815_103640.jpg
IMG_20180815_103703.jpg
IMG_20180815_103732.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
The only different I see from when I charge 1s batteries on my ISDT chargers is I don't use the balance board connection - just the main connector. Try unplugging the balance cable and see if it still reads the 3.92v - and then see if it will charge. Maybe it's detecting the connection on the balance connector and getting confused with the 1s charging setting.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You are attempting to charge through the balance leads, which these chargers do not do. You will need to set up an adapter to connect your battery to the XT60 charge leads.

LanceK

:cool: Hey Rockyboy and Electrisean that was it! I disconnected the balancing line and figured out how the jumper would then get power to the 1s plug ins on the board. Photos: first showing charger seeing battery at 3.90v, second showing my set up to charge, third asking me did I want to charge without balancing, fourth shows charging. Thanks to both of you.
IMG_20180816_075622.jpg
IMG_20180816_075712.jpg
IMG_20180816_075729.jpg
IMG_20180816_075743.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Glad you're up and charging now! Just remember to plug that balance cable back in when you're using 2s or larger batteries :D

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
My brother and I are from Ozark AL! Don’t know if I can attend any events (parents would have to drive me)😂 but maybe we could meet up somewhere local?!

Well if we're ever going to the same place transport would not be a problem assuming that your parents would trust a crazy old man that is...

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Yeah, totally understand, a sign of good parents! In this day and age trust has to be built over a lot of time. There really are bad people out there.