Long EZ

Homey

Elite member
Fantastically easy build! All waxed up and paint tomorrow.

Peter
20180918_210136.jpg

Homey

Elite member
Very nice build. How long did it take you? What did you use to "wax" it up?
Darren
Took maybe 2 hours including cutting out the plans. I use water based Minwax. That way it's relatively waterproof and I can use spray paint if I like.

Peter

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
No wax needed. $1 foam board, rustoleom spray paint. just start the spray off the airframe, then keep a quick, consistant spray.

20180918_175330.jpg

finished it today but did not get a pic, left it in my classroom. willl.post one tomorrow of final paint.

laters,

me :cool:

Seems to work great! Just a hint on minwax, I use the oil based stuff. Fills in the fibers great...prior to painting. Also with DTFB I peel the paper from the cut out parts and use Elmers spray adhesive to reattach paper. Sorta like "skins", here in Florida it cures the humidity peeling....also I put bamboo
skewers on all leading edges with Foam Tac and tape...makes a very dent resistant LE.
Waiting for my Long EZ to arrive...gonna use a 2205 3s 1000mah and 5.3 prop

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Josh says, "you cannot balance the plane with an f-pack." i had every intention of using one until i heard this. instead i used a 1808-2300 and it will need the 6x4.5 prop when flying 2S. i may try 3S but will start with the 2S and see what i think.

laters,

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I have an 1806 3500kv motor and balancing with a Zippy 1000mAh 3S. On static test it pulls about 13.8A and the ESC is a 12A one - should be okay in flight as it unloads a bit and I really don't expect to be full throttle on this much!!! - that could be famous last words :D
I've added a nose duct to increase airflow for the ESC, as every little helps.
All I need now is for a decent day to maiden

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i'm really not a fan of these rear pushers like this. just ask my fingers why... :rolleyes:

i like the pun jet as well and have plans to build another, but i think this will be a much more stable flyer.

so tomorrows line up for maidens is...

FT long EZ, FT Full Size Nutball, My self designed high speed Delta wing, and the new high speed (120+ mph) eflite V900.

should be fun!

laters,