Flite Test "Midi" Guinea Build

T-Richard

I'll be building one over the next couple of months... Motors are on the slow boat. Got 2x 2208 racerstars and a few 20a cheap Drone escs. Mine will have half stock size undercambered tips, wood spar and skid landing plates. Should be a fun project

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
I'll be building one over the next couple of months... Motors are on the slow boat. Got 2x 2208 racerstars and a few 20a cheap Drone escs. Mine will have half stock size undercambered tips, wood spar and skid landing plates. Should be a fun project
Should be a fun project, share some pictures. I have been thinking about making a Nano Guinea with the power pack from the Dart, we'll see if I ever get around to it....

T-Richard

Hmmm I think I'll modify the lines a bit to match the buffalo. Nothing too complicated just t tail and tapered wing.
114-IMG0082.jpg

T-Richard

Build has begun. Kinda Free handing the design. Since the guinea isn't overly complicated. Fuselage is modified to have the lines of the buffalo. Nose is next. More pictures to follow tomorrow
IMG_20181210_180554.jpg

b-29er

@T-Richard if you don't have any, i would strongly advise getting some CF square to put in the vertical stab and the wings. At a very minimum i would suggest having a wooden (3/8" or so) spar that runs up the horizontal stabilizer and has a spar for the vertical stab glued to it to provide support. Thinner swept wings mean less support from the foam, a less effective spar, and potentially performance (speed) gains that might attenuate the wing, And t-tails as a whole are a somewhat tricky proposition because now your vertical stab needs to support additional compression loads the original rudder may not account for. The closest FT Analog to a t-tail is in the Sea Otter, so it may be a very good idea to look at the plans for that before proceeding.

Last edited:

T-Richard

@T-Richard if you don't have any, i would strongly advise getting some CF square to put in the vertical stab and the wings. At a very minimum i would suggest having a wooden (3/8" or so) spar that runs up the horizontal stabilizer and has a spar for the vertical stab glued to it to provide support. Thinner swept wings mean less support from the foam, a less effective spar, and potentially performance (speed) gains that might attenuate the wing, And t-tails as a whole are a somewhat tricky proposition because now your vertical stab needs to support additional compression loads the original rudder may not account for. The closest FT Analog to a t-tail is in the Sea Otter, so it may be a very good idea to look at the plans for that before proceeding.

Definitely! I'll likely make it a 3 layer ordeal with 2 wooden spars and a channel for servo ext much like the Polaris and the sea otter you mentioned. Thanks

T-Richard

T tail almost complete. Triple layer with reinforcements. I also use BBQ squewers for the horizontal stabilizer all around for added strength. Almost ready for final gluing but I'll wait until I have a helper so I can put a level on it to make sure it cures strait