Mentor nomination thread.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Bout time you two got tagged. No get ta work!!! Theres a lot of threads in the Kwad Share section needing your attentions!

Seriously guys well deserved the both of you. A good portipn of what I pass on came from what you guys post and or have taught me with my fixed wing noobish non flying self.

Now which one if you is buyin the beer?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I'd like to nominate the following as mentors.

@Chuppster - always a positive attitude which is maintained with even the most challenging problems

@Merv - again, someone who is providing useful advice and guidance to members and won't let go of a problem until he has helped a member solve it.

@d8veh - new to the FY forum but seems to be an old hand at RC and building up the post count fast (each filled with great advice).

Seconders?

DamoRC

Chuppster

I'd like to nominate the following as mentors.

@Chuppster - always a positive attitude which is maintained with even the most challenging problems

@Merv - again, someone who is providing useful advice and guidance to members and won't let go of a problem until he has helped a member solve it.

@d8veh - new to the FY forum but seems to be an old hand at RC and building up the post count fast (each filled with great advice).

Seconders?

DamoRC

I am honored by your nomination! Mentor tag or not, I will strive to help all who I can as much as I can! This is a wonderful place to be and I love being a part of it.

FastCrash45

Elite member
Awwwww!!!
Thank you all, I certainly appreciate the nomination, don't feel knowledgeable enough to qualify as a mentor though. :)
You've always been helpful and you've been spot on with your posts and you build well. You're deserving of the nomination for certain and for sure!!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Awwwww!!!
Thank you all, I certainly appreciate the nomination, don't feel knowledgeable enough to qualify as a mentor though. :)

And there you have it folks.

In my experience the best teachers are the best students. They never feel 'knowledgeable enough' so they never stop learning. They don't consider a crash to be a failure, but instead see a crash as another opportunity to gain more knowledge.

I believe that being a mentor isn't always about knowing the right answer. It's often about helping people find the best answer and in doing so teaching them to learn to help themselves and others. It's not just experience and skill but attitude.

That's my two cents anyway. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
And there you have it folks.

In my experience the best teachers are the best students. They never feel 'knowledgeable enough' so they never stop learning. They don't consider a crash to be a failure, but instead see a crash as another opportunity to gain more knowledge.

I believe that being a mentor isn't always about knowing the right answer. It's often about helping people find the best answer and in doing so teaching them to learn to help themselves and others. It's not just experience and skill but attitude.

That's my two cents anyway. :)

Can we get an "AMEN Brother" here? (y)

I believe you have distilled this whole "mentor" thing down to it's essence here and why I support Caroline for the green tag too. :D

But someone needs to check the mentor program budget and make sure we can afford it :p