First Solo Maiden!

FDS

Elite member
You can get Zap foam safe CA that won’t eat it. A Super Phatic glue won’t eat it either.
Gorilla white glue is quite high grab too. Save the Penguin....

jross

Keep it up!

I know my vids sometimes make things look easy. I am sure my ground takeoff on snow had some control trickery, and it was way out of trim on the roll. I should add a disclaimer about my experience, and the fact my favorate flying is maidens of others really off the mark planes. Nothing is more satisfying then landing a plane while holding full aileron, full rudder, and pushing down elevator most of the way just to keep it level.
Took off from the ground with it the other day! Then flew it for about a minute and snow darted it. Broke the tail right where it enters the fuselage. Think it was tail heavy. Used some 5 minute epoxy to glue the tail along a straight edge. I had one of four sides intact and not snapped which made it easier. After the glue dried, I added some heavy duty packing tape and hit it with the sealing iron. Thing is bomber and dead straight. It crashed far away and as I did the long return walk of shame through knee deep snow, I thought it was done. Will definitely reinforce that area on my next Explorer build.

And you're right. It's fun to bring a plane in nicely when it's flying like a wounded duck. I have more experience with the opposite but when it happens, it feels pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Headbang

Master member
Took off from the ground with it the other day! Then flew it for about a minute and snow darted it. Broke the tail right where it enters the fuselage. Think it was tail heavy. Used some 5 minute epoxy to glue the tail along a straight edge. I had one of four sides intact and not snapped which made it easier. After the glue dried, I added some heavy duty packing tape and hit it with the sealing iron. Thing is bomber and dead straight. It crashed far away and as I did the long return walk of shame through knee deep snow, I thought it was done. Will definitely reinforce that area on my next Explorer build.

And you're right. It's fun to bring a plane in nicely when it's flying like a wounded duck. I have more experience with the opposite but when it happens, it feels pretty sweet.
I have footage of photo001 and I flying our explorers last Saturday. Take offs and landings on snow in tandem semi formation. When I get it edited I will post here.

Reactions: FDS

jross

Nice! I'd crash your buddie's white plane in an instant. Your's is so much easier to see. Wish I had a spot like that to fly. Everything is much tighter here. What are you running for a battery on that?

Headbang

Master member
The club field is in the middle of farmers fields, lots of wide open space for giant scale. Oh and 8mins from my doorstep! Someone asked if my favorite color was yellow recently, I responded with "I only like yellow on mustang's and rc planes!"
I used a leapord power 3s 3300mAh pack, think it is 45c.