Help! Help with a really old electric transformer

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I took me two days, but finally i finished it.
11.jpg
As suggested, I measured the outputs with a multimeter. And I got 12 V and 6 V in different outputs. I mounted the whole set inside a chassis of an old PC power supply. Now everything looks more organized.
The white and red outputs are for 6 and 12 V respectively. The switch below is to cut off the power input.
I was thinking to use a clasic Audio-Video conector but i am having some issues with that. The wire is quite thin and when connected, it gets very hot. Think i will replace the output conectors with XT60.

Thanks to everybody for the opinions and help. Will post more updates soon.
:)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Looks like a good case solution!

I did XT60 connectors on my hot wire setup too - and lamp cord for the wiring between the power supply and the cutting wire too. It works well, and made it easier to have a long and a short cutting wire and switch between them with the one power supply.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Looks like a good case solution!
At least it does look like an old monster now. :LOL: Just need a paint job.

I did XT60 connectors on my hot wire setup too - and lamp cord for the wiring between the power supply and the cutting wire too. It works well, and made it easier to have a long and a short cutting wire and switch between them with the one power supply.

That is what i have, a long lamp cord with XT60 male conectors each side, so i use it as an extension. :geek:.
Need to work on it.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
So, that is what i finally made.
222.jpg
I am using the same output XT60 conector for 6 and 12 V. The swith is just for select the voltage.
Also using an lamp cord with XT60 as extension.
:geek:
Looks like a monster but it works. Will try later to test diferent wire diameters.