What did you crash today

Headbang

Master member
Let me guess... Nose bounce on fast landing leveraged the nose off
Something was off, then I was fighting to keep it from rolling, then it got a ways out and was having issues seeing it, then it went in. I think a servo may have stripped out causing the excessive roll, and this plane can roll like a drill, so became very hard to keep level. Retrieved it about half mile out.

Bricks

Master member
Well, had a bad day. The power switch shorted on both switches and went full throttle in straight down. RIP MXS View attachment 144703

I feel your pain I lost a glow plane for the same exact reason that is why I have changed all my gas and glow planes to a mosfet switch that I build myself, it is designed to run and fail in the on position. If you want they are easy to build and cheap here is a link to how to make them parts are dirt cheap.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...ronic-receiver-switch&perpage=75#post40489362

fluffpilot

Was having a great time doing low-altitude inversions and touch & gos and all that fun stuff.
Then got the bright idea.
I wonder if I can do a snap roll with it this low?
The answer, by the way, is no.
It's still an Apprentice and even with the control surfaces tuned up and the leash off the roll rate is pretty slow and it dips the nose if you're not quick about it. At least it was pretty slow and went into the grass. I guess I didn't get the throttle cut quick enough because it stripped the set screw on the prop adapter. Stuffed the firewall just a little, blew the spinner apart and cracked the cowl but no big deal. I'll put it back together and have it upside down and sideways again in no time.

Attachments

• photo_2019-10-19_15-53-45.jpg
    photo_2019-10-19_15-53-45.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0

Headbang

Master member
Got it in my head to pull a stupid. Seaduck meets 4x4 post. Over 300 flights on this bird in all sorts of weather and taking off from snow, grass, real big puddles. Little sad, but cutting a new one as I write this!
20191101_155255.jpg

fluffpilot

This afternoon I found out what happens when a high-wing pilot takes a Sukhoi out for a maiden on a windy day and tries to go for a low-speed low-altitude stall turn.
So anyway maybe I'll build an FT Edge and stuff all the Sukhoi bits in it.
*cough*
Or maybe I should just stick to high wing.

OliverW

Legendary member
Took my GP RV-4 out and was having a blast with it. Me and @Samh were doing formation and my wheel fell off! Brought her in like any normal landing and just kept the bad side up and set her down with no damage. And on further inspection, the bolt GP used for the axle snapped! If anybody is flying a GP kit, I would check that out...

K3V0

Elite member
In the spirit of flying as hard as you can I thrashed my TT today! Crash number 1: did not check my CRAP. Alerons has become disconnected and I realized this shortly before hitting the deck in a small crash.
13E2E8E1-CE16-4301-B18C-23EE93639190.jpeg
Ok, one rubber band and I’m up again. I try some loops and go for a roll. Whoa, I did it! 😲Let’s try again. Holy smokes! I’m flying inverted! Three laps! Alright!😃 Ok let’s try again, noooooo! Pull up! 😬 Yeesh!
5FA3F429-F077-417C-B760-94CF3DA0A80E.jpeg

I came out here to fly! And that’s what I’m gonna do! 🤨Luckily, I found the emergency duct tape in the glove box .🤘
1DB8F864-4BF8-468C-8029-A91636D9D1D8.jpeg

AA4BAC4B-E92C-4908-9FCF-F1A2F0B8C8F3.jpeg
D61A231E-E516-404B-BDE3-307FDF8A3F1D.jpeg

Beautiful! And more importantly, it’s all making “go” sounds and movements. Better check the CRAP, not making that mistake again...
64BA21EA-B17D-46E9-8BB7-C9BBAE1C642F.jpeg

One more fix. This is legit, right?😉
I chuck her out and she’s flying! Time for loooooooops!🤩 No, it’s broken wing time!🥺Come back! No, wait, just go down! 🤭
EBB0A267-E0B9-4105-9CC6-0815B7FB0376.jpeg

This is a sea worthy plane🛬🌊, right?🤔
At this point I have given my phone to my two year old and I’m taking off my shoes. It drifted into about waist deep water. Not too cold if your interested🥶. I took out the electronics and gave them a big rinse at the car and at home.
6FA44FAC-C960-4F2E-9698-5D4EF119CC90.jpeg

I’m letting things air out before I test the parts again. I was surprised to see that the servos looked dry inside so I’m happy about that too. I’m in the middle of a new build rn so I wont start on another TT yet.
Despite my flying it repeatedly into the ground, buildings and once, a BBQ pit, the TT has been an absolute champ! For me to learn and sustain new aerobatics with a plane who’s fuselage has been severely compromised is just plain cool. Don’t be afraid to fly! My session ended in a splash but I learned a lot! You will too!

Attachments

• 5DB348C7-C043-4AFD-AD0A-BF8D30E3D88A.jpeg
    5DB348C7-C043-4AFD-AD0A-BF8D30E3D88A.jpeg
    900.8 KB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
In the spirit of flying as hard as you can I thrashed my TT today! Crash number 1: did not check my CRAP. Alerons has become disconnected and I realized this shortly before hitting the deck in a small crash.
View attachment 147346
Ok, one rubber band and I’m up again. I try some loops and go for a roll. Whoa, I did it! 😲Let’s try again. Holy smokes! I’m flying inverted! Three laps! Alright!😃 Ok let’s try again, noooooo! Pull up! 😬 Yeesh! View attachment 147350
I came out here to fly! And that’s what I’m gonna do! 🤨Luckily, I found the emergency duct tape in the glove box .🤘 View attachment 147347
View attachment 147348 View attachment 147349
Beautiful! And more importantly, it’s all making “go” sounds and movements. Better check the CRAP, not making that mistake again... View attachment 147352
I chuck her out and she’s flying! Time for loooooooops!🤩 No, it’s broken wing time!🥺Come back! No, wait, just go down! 🤭
View attachment 147353
At this point I have given my phone to my two year old and I’m taking off my shoes. It drifted into about waist deep water. Not too cold if your interested🥶. I took out the electronics and gave them a big rinse at the car and at home. View attachment 147355
I’m letting things air out before I test the parts again. I was surprised to see that the servos looked dry inside so I’m happy about that too. I’m in the middle of a new build rn so I wont start on another TT yet.
Despite my flying it repeatedly into the ground, buildings and once, a BBQ pit, the TT has been an absolute champ! For me to learn and sustain new aerobatics with a plane who’s fuselage has been severely compromised is just plain cool. Don’t be afraid to fly! My session ended in a splash but I learned a lot! You will too!

Torture test at it's best :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Sp
View attachment 147346
Ok, one rubber band and I’m up again. I try some loops and go for a roll. Whoa, I did it! 😲Let’s try again. Holy smokes! I’m flying inverted! Three laps! Alright!😃 Ok let’s try again, noooooo! Pull up! 😬 Yeesh! View attachment 147350
I came out here to fly! And that’s what I’m gonna do! 🤨Luckily, I found the emergency duct tape in the glove box .🤘 View attachment 147347
View attachment 147348 View attachment 147349
Beautiful! And more importantly, it’s all making “go” sounds and movements. Better check the CRAP, not making that mistake again... View attachment 147352
View attachment 147353
At this point I have given my phone to my two year old and I’m taking off my shoes. It drifted into about waist deep water. Not too cold if your interested🥶. I took out the electronics and gave them a big rinse at the car and at home. View attachment 147355
Spectacular man, more parts to put in another plane. No video though :poop: