'SPIT' roasted FB

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I can hook something up :), get some head lights :).

Nope he *($#@($ slope soared it :).

You could trying serial connecting batteries to achieve that at no real extra cost :). Just a thought.
Unfortunately my esc’s aren’t 4s capable. Except for my 20 amp, but I’m afraid that wouldn’t work in my ft edge...

bracesport

Legendary member
@kilroy07 et all - yes, my spit did turn out mostly how I planned, just without the wing faring - this has been a wonderful thread and it does not look like it is slowing down yet - luckily I bought my baby home unscathed and she is just staring at me on the wall waiting for another outing (which will be soon I promise) - when flying at the park I can still crash, but there is more at stake when she goes off a 50m cliff if it comes to a recovery mission! while I wait patiently for improved weather, I have been assembling some more ships, so even if the time between flights is long, I am amassing a fleet to take with me next time! :D

Tr33s

So she is done - waiting for the C power pack from Flite Test to install the motor and ESC. I cut off the power pod behind the first tab back from the motor. I think it’s a bit of a hack build, but she’s square and pretty solid. The skewers on the power pod can also be used to hold the battery on the bottom of the tray with some rubber bands.

Attachments

• 79222A69-44A6-4204-A574-CEAE068BBC31.jpeg
    79222A69-44A6-4204-A574-CEAE068BBC31.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
So she is done - waiting for the C power pack from Flite Test to install the motor and ESC. I cut off the power pod behind the first tab back from the motor. I think it’s a bit of a hack build, but she’s square and pretty solid. The skewers on the power pod can also be used to hold the battery on the bottom of the tray with some rubber bands.
Looks great, nice job.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks! I have been watching all of your flights and I’m not there yet. I still have a Storch to build and get some flying time with the Scout. Sure do enjoy all the inspirational posts.
The Spit is pretty slippery the first few times out. You'll get there. The Scout and the Storch are great planes to practice with. I just finished my Storch build:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/building-the-storch.60015/page-8#post-512594

It's not much of a build thread. Turns out the Simple Storch is really, really simple. There's some good insight about bracing the landing gear, and some of the flight characteristics on that thread, though. Plus some vid of it in the air! :)

mayan

Legendary member
She lives!

She may not be quite as smooth as she used to be. My motor doesn't sound well and is drawing a lot of power as well. It didn't get hot, though. All things considered, I'm not complaining. She flies! :D
Hell yes she lives! Man you had an amazing save at around 3:10 when you almost lawn darted the ground. Great job buddy!

So weight is 315g without the battery, ESC, and motor.
Looks great! Don’t worry about your flying skills practice and you’ll get there, none of us were born with these skills. I crashed so many times before I could fly a full battery.

The Spit is pretty slippery the first few times out. You'll get there. The Scout and the Storch are great planes to practice with. I just finished my Storch build:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/building-the-storch.60015/page-8#post-512594

It's not much of a build thread. Turns out the Simple Storch is really, really simple. There's some good insight about bracing the landing gear, and some of the flight characteristics on that thread, though. Plus some vid of it in the air! :)
How did I miss that?! Will have to check it out at night ~21 when I go home, the situation here is a bit tense at the moment so I was called to jump to work.

I never had success with flaps :(, will get there.