The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
Fun vid! It looked like you were really enjoying the Arrowhead! I thought for sure you were going to lose the Goblin on that super low pass. That was close! Oh, and I don't think I'm the one who needs a helmet. ;):LOL:
You actually watched it through :). You for sure will need one man. Full throttle twetchy plane. Hmmmm wear a helmet and you got this :).

I was going to read through the rest of the 27 alerts that I have but I tossed at a friend if he wants to hit the field he said make termos (thing that you keep liquid hot in) and let's go. So off we go, you all will have to wait for later :).

mayan

Legendary member
I watch everyone's vids all the way through. Even your 52 minute odyssey. Usually it's a question of can I spare five minutes from my day to appreciate what this person thought important enough to post? The answer is always yes. Some of yours take a little more time investment. ;)
I'll try to keep them shorter for you, @BATTLEAXE has been whining to on the Rat Pack Roast thread :). I was thinking of getting him a sucker.

mayan

Legendary member
Morning blitz to the field with a friend gave the day a great start. I flew the Goblin a bit until I ripped the nose right off again :). Then I flew the 3mm KFM Wing with the F pack motor and had a blast. Here are some pictures from the field some taken from my friend's drone.

IMG-7795.JPG IMG-7798.JPG IMG-7802.JPG IMG-7803.JPG IMG-7804.JPG IMG-7806.JPG IMG-7807.JPG IMG-7808.JPG IMG-7810.JPG IMG-7811.JPG IMG-7814.JPG IMG-7816.JPG

And here is a video of me flying the KFM Wing, not to much good footage of the Goblin because my friend was filming it off his drone and he ain't such a great air camera man as he is from the ground. I'll try to go over the footage and see if anything is worth posting. First launch on the KFM Wing was tail heavy so it flew horrible at full throttle so I landed it and fixed the GG then tried again and it flew great.

Tail heavy:

Fixed CG flying prefect :):

Any how going to fix my Goblin and finish building the Easy Edge I started building 2 days ago, wanting that plane back on my fleet for 3D practice :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Morning blitz to the field with a friend gave the day a great start. I flew the Goblin a bit until I ripped the nose right off again :). Then I flew the 3mm KFM Wing with the F pack motor and had a blast. Here are some pictures from the field some taken from my friend's drone.

And here is a video of me flying the KFM Wing, not to much good footage of the Goblin because my friend was filming it off his drone and he ain't such a great air camera man as he is from the ground. I'll try to go over the footage and see if anything is worth posting. First launch on the KFM Wing was tail heavy so it flew horrible at full throttle so I landed it and fixed the GG then tried again and it flew great.

Tail heavy:

Fixed CG flying prefect :):

Any how going to fix my Goblin and finish building the Easy Edge I started building 2 days ago, wanting that plane back on my fleet for 3D practice :).
Looks like ya'll had a great day! Your wing looks really good in the air. Pretty cool. I think maybe you should consider helmets for your spectators as well, though! :LOL:

mayan

Legendary member
Congrats on fixing the camera. That thing has been a pain. Can't go wrong with the Spitfire! Have fun!
I choose the Spitfire cause it was blowing 15mph/23kmh all over. Wasn’t a very relaxing flight experience but surely something I had to do. I got some on board footage by the looks of it but still have to connect to the PC to be certain :). More about the experience later.

mayan

Legendary member
The experience was stressful! At times the plane was flying in place at 75%-80% throttle and only 100% would get it to move forward at least up high. Landings where either let it ride the wind stirring into the bushes or fly into the wind and try to set it down in place without tip stalling. I did roll it a few times but not much. Tried inverted 3 times which was very challenging. Out of 3 tries all very short one ended in an inverted crash and two were Ok but shaky. I really tried to hang it inverted above my head but the winds where so strong for the weight of the airframe that just keeping it steady was hard. I can’t say that today’s outing was super fun but was sure something I had to do and learn how to manage. Flying with such high winds and managing to come back with the airframe in one piece was very satisfying. Made me feel like l actually know what I was doing. I do need to fix the firewall but that ain’t nothing to cry about. This outing definitely grew my confidence level. Still need to go over the footage from the on board camera and decide which video to make/use. Hopefully I’ll be able to get to it soon.

mayan

Legendary member
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:. He needs to be flying for that, doesn't he? But he is busy just talking instead, while others are flying in 23kmh/15mph winds, inverted with an an on board camera.
I was going to post this here but @BATTLEAXE kinda needed to get hit on the Rat Pack Roast thread.

So happy I went flying this morning even with the high winds and stressful flight, it started raining today :(.
IMG-4925.jpeg

Vimana89

Legendary member
My latest 3 in 1 video, flying the Arrowhead, Simple Soarer and Goblin, enjoy!
Excellent vid! The arrowhead footage is one I'm already familiar with but I'd like to say again, great flying. Too bad for the simple Soarer, was hoping that one would fly better right off the bat. The goblin was nice, you flew that one well although some people find it challenging. I'm a lot like you when it comes to flying preference, I don't feel that comfortable with prolonged full throttle, and even if I did, I tend to prefer planes with a big speed envelope that let me fly slow or fast when and how I want. I was interested in trying the goblin, but now I have a lot more things I'd rather build and fly. My '39 special is really good for speed while not being bad at all on modest throttle, though gets clunky and flies really bad at slow flight

mayan

Legendary member
Excellent vid! The arrowhead footage is one I'm already familiar with but I'd like to say again, great flying. Too bad for the simple Soarer, was hoping that one would fly better right off the bat. The goblin was nice, you flew that one well although some people find it challenging. I'm a lot like you when it comes to flying preference, I don't feel that comfortable with prolonged full throttle, and even if I did, I tend to prefer planes with a big speed envelope that let me fly slow or fast when and how I want. I was interested in trying the goblin, but now I have a lot more things I'd rather build and fly. My '39 special is really good for speed while not being bad at all on modest throttle, though gets clunky and flies really bad at slow flight
Thanks. Yeah the goblin asks for speed, although some say it has a great glide slope which should make it good for throttle off. That's not the feeling I got though.

Nice umbrella, do you feel intimidated by all those eyes watching you?
My wife put it in my hand, the first moment I could I put it back in hers :).

mayan

Legendary member
Horrible day today. The rained picked up so the field is probably flooded or just supper muddy (haven't checked, just assuming). Spent a good 8 hours at the hospital with my wife after the family doctor directed her to the ER. I hate hospitals they are black holes you enter them and never know if and when you'll get out. It's like time stops there, you should go in and leave all watches out that way at least you won't see how much time was wasted sitting and waiting for someone to give a damn about you. I literally had to nudge at the doctor to get her to pay attention to my wife, very annoying. I was supposed to have a night shift at work where I planned to build a plane either the mini mustang for this group build: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/the-big-bang-of-mustangs.61204/ or go back to my Howard DGA-6 build which I do plan to finalize before the end of the challenge. However instead I gave my shift away not knowing what will happen with my wife and what the doctors would decide to do with her.

After the doctors decided to release my wife, I still had to pick up the kids from my mother in law, feed them and then put them to bed. I finished that as quick as I could and then made sure my wife had everything she needed to go to sleep peacefully and sat down to finish my new Easy Edge.
IMG_4931.jpeg

IMG_4932.jpeg

I swapped out the original MT1806 2230kv motor that I had hooked on it to a MT1806 1430kv motor, hoping to swing a 7x3 prop. I did this so I can put the last A pack motor I have the 2230kv one on the mini mustang. More later.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Horrible day today. The rained picked up so the field is probably flooded or just supper muddy (haven't checked, just assuming). Spent a good 8 hours at the hospital with my wife after the family doctor directed her to the ER. I hate hospitals they are black holes you enter them and never know if and when you'll get out. It's like time stops there, you should go in and leave all watches out that way at least you won't see how much time was wasted sitting and waiting for someone to give a damn about you. I literally had to nudge at the doctor to get her to pay attention to my wife, very annoying. I was supposed to have a night shift at work where I planned to build a plane either the mini mustang for this group build: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/the-big-bang-of-mustangs.61204/ or go back to my Howard DGA-6 build which I do plan to finalize before the end of the challenge. However instead I gave my shift away not knowing what will happen with my wife and what the doctors would decide to do with her.

After the doctors decided to release my wife, I still had to pick up the kids from my mother in law, feed them and then put them to bed. I finished that as quick as I could and then made sure my wife had everything she needed to go to sleep peacefully and sat down to finish my new Easy Edge.
View attachment 150428
View attachment 150429

I swapped out the original MT1806 2230kv motor that I had hooked on it to a MT1806 1430kv motor, hoping to swing a 7x3 prop. I did this so I can put the last A pack motor I have the 2230kv one on the mini mustang. More later.
Too bad about your wife! The eaf edge looks good. I have my wing built but haven’t gotten around to doing the fuselage yet...