Slope Soaring homage to 'thenated0g'

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@buzzbomb - the flying is looming!

this one will take a bit more building, but hell yes, I am already flying it in my mind! :D
I honestly hope so, brother. I've got a maiden in the plans for tomorrow. I know how they make me feel and I crave them. It really doesn't matter if it's crash or soar. That feeling you get when you first release the plane...

I'm an old motorcycle adrenaline junkie who can't ride anymore. That feeling I get on a maiden is just as good as any time I've dragged a knee while leaning low on a curve. Only much less likely to end in my death. Accept the possibility of a crash. You need to fly! :)

bracesport

Legendary member
@sundown57 - It is one of our active volcanos and a very popular tourist destination.

The eruption

Dr Sherburn said eruptions were "when the excess pressure [beneath the ground] is too strong to be kept in by the rock and other material in the crater area ... You get this sudden depressurisation, same as sort of taking the top off of a soft drink bottle or pulling the cork out of a bottle of champagne. It depressurises and the materials underneath rising very, very quickly.

"And in the case of a situation like today's eruption, it fractures and fragments all the overlying rock, some of it into really fine particles like ash. Some of it could be much, much larger particles - golf ball size, cricket ball size, pumpkin size, you know, it could be really large. Large eruptions can even throw things the size of small cars.

"Because the eruption has occurred close to - possibly from within the lake - there could be a lot of water projected at the same time so you can get really quite a mixture of material."

Dr Sherburn said GNS Science hoped what it saw over the next few days on the island would help determine if Monday's eruption was a one-off driven by steam pressure, or if there was magma involved.

eight_col_000_1MX0BD.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
@sundown57 - It is one of our active volcanos and a very popular tourist destination.

The eruption

Dr Sherburn said eruptions were "when the excess pressure [beneath the ground] is too strong to be kept in by the rock and other material in the crater area ... You get this sudden depressurisation, same as sort of taking the top off of a soft drink bottle or pulling the cork out of a bottle of champagne. It depressurises and the materials underneath rising very, very quickly.

"And in the case of a situation like today's eruption, it fractures and fragments all the overlying rock, some of it into really fine particles like ash. Some of it could be much, much larger particles - golf ball size, cricket ball size, pumpkin size, you know, it could be really large. Large eruptions can even throw things the size of small cars.

"Because the eruption has occurred close to - possibly from within the lake - there could be a lot of water projected at the same time so you can get really quite a mixture of material."

Dr Sherburn said GNS Science hoped what it saw over the next few days on the island would help determine if Monday's eruption was a one-off driven by steam pressure, or if there was magma involved.

View attachment 150423

Yikes, that could be a little unsettling living that close to a active volcano, glad it didn't effect you.

mayan

Legendary member
yeah, I saw it on the news last night, you were the first one I thought of. glad to hear your safe.
+1 this morning!

The eruption

View attachment 150423
I got to admit that the combination of the white and black smoke is somewhat amazing.

bracesport

Legendary member
now that the smoke has cleared from the Volcanic eruptions - back to some building!

The mechanism for the wing rotors seems to be pretty strong, I just need some new servos and ball end connectors to complete the parts - meantime I need to cut out the hatch, remove the internal foam, and add some internal strengthening with epoxy and FG.

IMG_8060.JPG

mayan

Legendary member
I'm guessing you haven't seen all my flights. I've had a few that ended with plenty of black and white smoke. check out 1.11

I missed that. What the hell happened there? It didn’t look like the lipo battery, that would have been impossible to reach with you hand.

mayan

Legendary member
now that the smoke has cleared from the Volcanic eruptions - back to some building!

The mechanism for the wing rotors seems to be pretty strong, I just need some new servos and ball end connectors to complete the parts - meantime I need to cut out the hatch, remove the internal foam, and add some internal strengthening with epoxy and FG.

View attachment 150444
Looks amazing! I mean wow man you know how to design stuff.

bracesport

Legendary member
@mayan - thanks for the kind words - it certainly looks like an interesting concept and I do hope it all comes together! I don't think I will finish this one before Christmas, but if I get the bones of it glued up I will be happy! :D