Australians - is there flite test here or are we really off the edge of the world?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Joel,

Taxiing in circles is more a function of "P" factor and wind than the wheel alignment, (normally).

Some of my smaller models suffer from such behaviour badly and it is just a matter of a little increase in thrust angle and some applied rudder during taxiing.

For take off Increase the throttle enough to get the plane rolling and increase the throttle gradually as speed builds and you will find that the plane will behave as expected. Real Piston engined aircraft, (with large power to weight ratios i.e. WWII fighters), did not respond well to having the throttles slammed to full during take off and ground loops were the result.

On some aircraft the rudder was applied full and the plane steered by throttle during emergency take-offs.:black_eyed:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hi Bob,

I've a question if you have found covering with tape adds a lot of extra weight?

Smith
Not much extra weight but then I do not use packing tape covering any longer as experiments and experience overtime showed me that the tape does not stop the paper from lifting long term.

I now seal and paint which seems to last for years whilst adding little weight but lots of strength and rigidity.

Have fun!

scottsen11

Just want to help out? You have our eternal gratitude! We will also have a Wall of Fame which will be displayed at Flite FEST. shareit apk
So even if you can't attend, you're name will be displayed. its there on website for 5$

Last edited:
I’d been looking at this company since I first discovered foam board as a building material. Down here in Australia we simply can’t get the $1 Adam’s Readi-board that is used at Flite Test HQ. There was also concerns about the weight of Australian foam board with some modellers stating they simply couldn’t build a flying model from the stock available down here. 9Appsapk.vin VidMate download Vlc.vin

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I’d been looking at this company since I first discovered foam board as a building material. Down here in Australia we simply can’t get the $1 Adam’s Readi-board that is used at Flite Test HQ. There was also concerns about the weight of Australian foam board with some modellers stating they simply couldn’t build a flying model from the stock available down here.
I am in QLD and I have been building using the local FB for a number of years now. I have even had some planes of my own design, sold in a local model shop and I currently have a standing supply order.

Sure some FT models are difficult to render in the local FB BUT some actually render better. There are a few tricks to reduce weight that work well and of course there are a few local designs that will not render very well in the DTFB.

If you need help in using the local product then PM me and I can guide you in using the local materials.

Have fun!

I'm happy to see y'all are here in the forum and in the hobby, I'm pretty new here too, but you can stop faking it now. We all know this so called "Australia" is a work of fiction!