Crowdfunding for Skin Printer Input

What do you think I should name this venture?

• Flite Tats

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Flite Skins

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Rasterworks

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Skin Print

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sknz by Rasterize

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Plane Ink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flite Sknz

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
It's time!
I just finished up the skins for the Flying Tiger color scheme for the Flite Test P40. It turned out awesome! I added some extras like landing gear pods, skinned wheels (very durable with a Polyacrylic coating), graphics for gear up or down and guns in the wing. I even tested out gluing the skins without peeling off the paper first (unless directed to do so by the plans). I also am using a two-piece system on all control surfaces as well as treating the edges so that little, if any, white foam shows at all. Best of all, she flew and looked awesome in the air and on the ground!
I am also announcing the opening of www.fliteskins.com This is the first skin offered by my new site. Skins are printed on full sheets of 24X36 20 lbs bond paper and will include a full set of plans with each order for reference. Other skins I have created will be added soon. Enjoy the video and pics and check out the new site! Thanks for all the comments and offers of support!

Check out the "carousel" view and some flight footage video here.

BS5.jpg

BS6.jpg

BS8.jpg

Machoot

Introduction
Hi everyone! For those who don’t know me my name is Stephen Rosema aka “Rasterize” in the Flite Test community. My super power is creating paper coverings (aka skins, decals etc) for Flite Test style RC aircraft. I have enjoyed creating “skins” for RC planes since I started in this hobby 8 years ago. My 33 years’ experience in graphic design/printing and love of aviation made this a natural thing for me. If you are already familiar with my work, Great! However, for a better idea of what I do you can check out these FT videos of my work on the 4th post here.

What I’m Trying To Do
Long story short, I found the easiest way to design and use these skins is in a 24”X36” format (aka “Arch D size”) and print them on 20lbs bond paper of the same size. However not everyone has easy or cost-effective access to this size of printing.
I want to change that. I am in the planning stages of a crowd funding campaign to raise money for a 24” wide roll fed printer to print out my skins on 24”X36” (or longer) paper. I have created this thread to further explore this idea. If the crowd funding is successful, I will then offer printing services at reasonable rates to the FT community for those who do not have access to plotters.
To get started I wanted to hit you guys up first to explore this idea and gage initial interest/thoughts. Here are some of the area I would like your input on. Please comment on them and add to them.
Here's a quick "proof of Concept" rendering to give you a better idea of what I want to offer:
View attachment 122206

The Plan
I'm look for a few things....
First off
I’m Looking to gage interest and feasibility. I’d like to hear from folks who have had skins printed and know where, what size paper and how much it cost. Remember I am going to be offering 24X36 size sheets. This should mean no tiling and piecing skin parts together on the vast majority of aircraft.

Secondly
I’m looking to raise $1,500. This will cover the printer, Refillable ink cartridges to use bulk ink to keep cost down, enough ink, paper, and mailing tubes/shipping to cover any rewards as well as taxes and kickstarter fees.

Thirdly
I’d like your input-on rewards.
  • Discounted skin
  • Customized skin (Pilot Name, Livery)
  • Unique design
  • ????
Fourthly – A name for this service. See poll at top.
  • Flite Tats
  • Skin Print
  • Skins by Rasterize
  • ????
So that’s it. Let me know what you think! Community input is what I really want before proceeding.
Thanks for your time!
Stephen
I am a year late but in my option, I think that is Great! I vote "Skins by Rasterize"