FTFC20 - Build-Ruary (Build Challenge)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I started the bumblecrow
IMG_20200215_223054925.jpg
IMG_20200215_233242010.jpg

FoamyDM

Must have missed something. What is a bumblecrow? Is that like a V tailed Lazy Bee or something?
it is an anime based plane. I am building a 1:120 scale-ish model.
1581916340939.png

The Bumblecrow(バカガラス) is a large transport plane that appears in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. It appears to be a type of brig, and is used by the Tolmekians primarily to carry tanks and troops. It's hull is also able to carry small aircraft, animals, or anything that can fit. One of the most noticeable characteristics of this aircraft is it's extremely wide wings, contrasted by its short, stubby fuselage. The Bumblecrow is described as being slow and fragile, and is easily destroyed by enemy fire. Regardless, the Bumblecrow is the presumedly the only large cargo plane of Tolmekia. Like most aircraft in the Nausicaä world, not much is revealed about its origin or construction, but it can be presumed that the design is several hundred years old. The Bumblecrow is defended by a gunner positions on all sides of its fuselage and inside its wings.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Just need to work a little final subtrim and put in servo screws tomorrow, and hopefully weather will be good for maiden. Came out a bit sloppy like all my FT kits, and made a few mistakes along the way, but she should fly. I'll post a build log and other stuff tomorrow and discuss the process and difficulties in more detail.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just need to work a little final subtrim and put in servo screws tomorrow, and hopefully weather will be good for maiden. Came out a bit sloppy like all my FT kits, and made a few mistakes along the way, but she should fly. I'll post a build log and other stuff tomorrow and discuss the process and difficulties in more detail.
Nice! I'm looking forward to the maiden. :)

FoamyDM

Alright FOLKS - we are just past Half-way Through the Challenge How's it looking for everyone. I see Some of use are Cruisin' and some may need some encouragement.

WE got this! remember even if you build only 1, that is one more plane you didn't have before the challenge - still a win!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Alright FOLKS - we are just past Half-way Through the Challenge How's it looking for everyone. I see Some of use are Cruisin' and some may need some encouragement.

WE got this! remember even if you build only 1, that is one more plane you didn't have before the challenge - still a win!
I've got my four planes, although one is technically entry 5, with an earlier main entry still to come. The Vector flies! Couple of glitches mainly due to slop, but ended up flying good with a little trim, I'll see how the raw maiden footage came out and upload it as soon as possible.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

I’ve got two done and maidened! I am working on cutting out my 3rd plane, the ft edge. Also I had a sudden inspiration to work on my half-done P-38 so we’ll see where that goes...