Who Lives Where in the UK?

Old Bid

Near Garve, Highlands of Scotland (Originally from Hampshire) - Think I'm the furthest north from looking at the map...

Would update the map, but one of the kids has hijacked the google account on this m/c :( and it want a fight to sort it out....

Up here you learn to fly in strong winds, or don't fly at all!

shadeyB

Legendary member
Near Garve, Highlands of Scotland (Originally from Hampshire) - Think I'm the furthest north from looking at the map...

Would update the map, but one of the kids has hijacked the google account on this m/c :( and it want a fight to sort it out....

Up here you learn to fly in strong winds, or don't fly at all!
Lol the planes don’t know it’s windy😂 that’s what I tell masel

messyhead

Despite all the hoo-haa about Brexit, I find this sub-forum for the UK is still under the "Europe" section??

Well if you’re gonna get political, we need a “Who lives where in Scotland”, keep that in Europe then make a separate one for the Brexiteers 😂😂

SteveH

Steve from Stevenage Hertfordshire. Discovered FT on YouTube 2 months ago. Been trying scratch build form free plans for 3 weeks. Redfin Models had one FT kit in stock and it had to be the Master Series Spitfire (my fav war plane), so just had to buy it. Only built the wings so far as need to get some servo extensions but what a game changer the ready made kits are - well worth the money to my mind

Steve from Stevenage Hertfordshire. Discovered FT on YouTube 2 months ago. Been trying scratch build form free plans for 3 weeks. Redfin Models had one FT kit in stock and it had to be the Master Series Spitfire (my fav war plane), so just had to buy it. Only built the wings so far as need to get some servo extensions but what a game changer the ready made kits are - well worth the money to my mind
Brilliant plane the Spit, always takes my breath way when i fly my 3rd Spit build. Steve hope you made templets of the FT Spit ? Uk foamboard is tougher then FT, but you need to move a lot of weigh forward of the CG, like not having a working Rudder which i think the spit doe,snt need, elevator servo, placed well forward and more importantly extend the nose, and maybe a top battery hatch, anything really that stops you using useless ballast, saying that my 1st flew every scale with lead in the nose......great plane, enjoy.

Attachments

• 334768889_571289178281248_4032819160280124537_n.jpg
    334768889_571289178281248_4032819160280124537_n.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0

SteveH

Brilliant plane the Spit, always takes my breath way when i fly my 3rd Spit build. Steve hope you made templets of the FT Spit ? Uk foamboard is tougher then FT, but you need to move a lot of weigh forward of the CG, like not having a working Rudder which i think the spit doe,snt need, elevator servo, placed well forward and more importantly extend the nose, and maybe a top battery hatch, anything really that stops you using useless ballast, saying that my 1st flew every scale with lead in the nose......great plane, enjoy.
Thanks Phil, some top tips there that I must remember.
I downloaded the free plans which is just as well cos when I got to bit of joining the tail to the main body I realised the battery box was upside down 🤦‍♂️ A bit of hacking meant I needed new F2 formers, no big deal and back on track. Although the nose as a slight twist due to the tick marks being gnats hair off, hopefully she’ll fly with a bit (a lot) of trim. If not I’ll decorate her real nice and hang her in my bedroom lol