The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That looks fantastic! What colors are you planning on painting her?
I have blue red and grey right now, maybe a couple last shots of black. I may use this paint scheme...
90bfd89953553045c738daa7f74d3d03.jpg ab1432befadbe25e390d41266300dea4.jpg

FishHawk

I painted the MM size Sumo 3D today. It's not pretty, but it should be easy to see (the bottom of the wing is red).
RTF weight is 185 grams with a 2s 450mah lipo and 2204 kv2300 motor spinning a 6x4.5x3 prop. It has 3 3.7g servos and a 2 gram FS2A 4 channel receiver. It should have around a 2-1 power to weight ratio. Maiden tomorrow if it isn't raining to hard.
Sumo3D_RTF.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I started on a carbon cub! I’m basing it off the ft plans but modifying as I go by implementing “master series” techniques. Here’s what I’ve got so far. The wing doesn’t have any dihedral and I’ll be using fb one servo for the flaps. I glued the aileron servos in the spar and made small slits in the bottom of the wing to make the bottom look really nice and clean. The flap servo will be hidden by the fuselage. Overall I’m super happy with how it’s looking so far and I can’t wait to get it up in the air! 😁
D66DF585-0866-4CE3-BD23-9AE0CC0A6DD3.jpeg
5963FBD8-2A4B-435F-827A-E6751E23EE03.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’ll start the Cub group build thread tonight and post my progress on there.
Well I started on a carbon cub! I’m basing it off the ft plans but modifying as I go by implementing “master series” techniques. Here’s what I’ve got so far. The wing doesn’t have any dihedral and I’ll be using fb one servo for the flaps. I glued the aileron servos in the spar and made small slits in the bottom of the wing to make the bottom look really nice and clean. The flap servo will be hidden by the fuselage. Overall I’m super happy with how it’s looking so far and I can’t wait to get it up in the air! 😁
View attachment 164621 View attachment 164622

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
View attachment 164621 View attachment 164622
Whats the wedge for, is that the tail? I noticed you are using one servo for the flaps, are you gonna do a flaps/flaperon mix?
Looks good with a smooth wing though, are you making it out of DTFB because it is a prototype?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Whats the wedge for, is that the tail? I noticed you are using one servo for the flaps, are you gonna do a flaps/flaperon mix?
Looks good with a smooth wing though, are you making it out of DTFB because it is a prototype?
Yes - that's the tail section. I'll be working more on the fuse today. Since I'm going to use yellow paint, I decided white would be easier to paint over.