Hobbyking SE5a 0,25 Balsa / Ply Kit 43.3in ?

stereodreieck86

Hi,

From the bequest that I got a few months ago, I was able to sell all parts except the SE5a (from HobbyKing?) that I would like to fly myself.

Does anyone know the CG or have experience with this model?

When it came to motorization, I thought of the Planet Hobby Joker 4250-8 510kv with 6S5000 with a 12x7 Propeller or 13x6.
IMG_1015.JPG

Unbenannt.jpg

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Hi,

From the bequest that I got a few months ago, I was able to sell all parts except the SE5a (from HobbyKing?) that I would like to fly myself.

Does anyone know the CG or have experience with this model?

When it came to motorization, I thought of the Planet Hobby Joker 4250-8 510kv with 6S5000 with a 12x7 Propeller or 13x6.
View attachment 170671
View attachment 170672
Hey I don’t have any experience with this model I have flown SE fives though I hope this goes well for you and it’s pretty cool

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Does anyone know the CG or have experience with this model?...
Im not familiar with this plane.

On my scratch built planes, I set the CG at 25% of the MAC (mean aerodynamic chord). From the pictures, it looks like a straight rectangular wing. If this is the case, 25% of MAC is simply 25% of the chord. That is, if the chord is 10 inches then set the CG at 2.5 inches, if the chord is 8 inches set the CG at 2 inches, from the LE.

If the wing is taped or swept then calculating the MAC is more complicated. Here is the idea. Once you find the MAC, measure how long it is, then locate the CG at 25% of the length.
1647612332834.gif

You want 25% of the wing area in front of the CG and 75% behind the CG. Using a CAD program like SketchUp makes this process very easy.

For more information see
https://www.airfieldmodels.com/info..._aircraft/formulas/mean_aerodynamic_chord.htm

Last edited: