Extremely frustrated

jolfstn74

A couple weeks ago I bought a HZ sport cub s v2 & was pretty happy with it. Didn't much care for the toy like decor and decided to paint the whole thing black. Had foam safe spray paint next to non foam safe and grabbed the wrong one. Destroyed the plane. $130 + $77 expedited shipping down the toilet. Ordered a new fuselage with electronics,wing, motor,tail section, basically a while new plane piecemeal,assembled it,it would not bind properly with my remote,it worked with a lag and blue light instead of green displayed on the remote,so I took the board from my original plane and it binds alright, but one of the aierlion micro servos is janky and gets stuck and the f**** plane won't fly. It rolls to the left and crashes. I spent all last night realigning everything,took it to the field and it continues to roll to the left and crash. So here I am, bloody close to $500 in (partly due to expedited shipping,I'm impatient) and I've got a mess of parts and an assembled plane that looks properly aligned that laughs at me while muttering anti semitic insults at me,and I'm very close to hurling the whole thing into the fire and investing in illicit narcotics instead,far less labor, zero shipping and they ALWAYS work.

jolfstn74

Boy is my face red. I plugged the aerlieons in backwards! Drugs are never the answer (though occasionally they pose questions) but don't belong on this forum under any circumstances.
On the board in the sport cub s,there are actually 4 possible plugs,the forward most powers the camera middle mystery plug (unused channel perhaps? Drop payload? Signal the tiny stewardess you need another double bourbon & coke?) And the penultimate and final plugs are port & starboard wing flaps. Aerlieons. Errorlions. No,the lions were right. Or starboard and port. Which ever they were, upon take off, if you're banking a bit to port and you try to correct to starboard, you're going to bank harder to port,roll and crash,no matter how the cute girl at the park looks at you it's going to happen again and again until you plug those things in right. And I don't want to hear any more about drugs!

Vimana89

Legendary member
I think the backwards ailerons thing has happened to me at least once, with a cheap foam board scratch plane, the most memorable being with V tail elevons. I'm pretty sure I've also had elevator reversed on at least one occasion. Situations like that require the big guns... for me, Japanese straight up, no coke(of either kind:eek:). For relaxing times, make it Suntory time(y)

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Boy is my face red. I plugged the aerlieons in backwards! Drugs are never the answer (though occasionally they pose questions) but don't belong on this forum under any circumstances.
On the board in the sport cub s,there are actually 4 possible plugs,the forward most powers the camera middle mystery plug (unused channel perhaps? Drop payload? Signal the tiny stewardess you need another double bourbon & coke?) And the penultimate and final plugs are port & starboard wing flaps. Aerlieons. Errorlions. No,the lions were right. Or starboard and port. Which ever they were, upon take off, if you're banking a bit to port and you try to correct to starboard, you're going to bank harder to port,roll and crash,no matter how the cute girl at the park looks at you it's going to happen again and again until you plug those things in right. And I don't want to hear any more about drugs!
When I started flying 4 years ago there was a girl about my age, (I was 12), standing by. I took it off and started flying well, and she came over and said, "WOW! You can fly airplanes?" I looked over and said "Yeah! It's really fun!", then looked back and saw the plane in pieces after crashing into a swingset. I never lost focus on my airplanes since lol. I was so embarrassed.:mad::LOL:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
thank you for the reminder for why we check our servos and directions every time before we put something in the air... CRAP & High 5 every time ;).

Also, may I suggest some DTFB and one of the FT plans for your next plane? significantly lower cost and if you crash it, why less money lost.

When I started flying 4 years ago there was a girl about my age, (I was 12), standing by. I took it off and started flying well, and she came over and said, "WOW! You can fly airplanes?" I looked over and said "Yeah! It's really fun!", then looked back and saw the plane in pieces after crashing into a swingset. I never lost focus on my airplanes since lol. I was so embarrassed.:mad::LOL:
See that? You forgot about PRIORITIES. You crash the plane, she's less impressed with you. The girl is ALWAYS top priority. :ROFLMAO:

jolfstn74

Thank you,comrades,I had a brilliant day of flying today,windy as it was, and no cute girl in sight,so I have yet to redeem myself. Having been born at the end of the Nixon administration,I assumed at my embarrassingly advanced age that situations like that would have lost their sting. Of course I would not have guessed I'd still be playing with toys this close to retirement either.
I ordered a turbo timber as it seemed a low cost brushless option who was reviewed rather well, & she should be a decent candidate for my fpv pure chewing satisfaction. More powerful so I can finally get some proper irreparable damage from my crashes, no more of these consequence free ground kisses for me!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It doesnt matter what age you are or what sex you may be. ANY time you do something dumb in front of the opposite sex makes you wanna crawl in a hole and hide til they go away. UNLESS.. it was something that looked bad but turned out cool and you can play it off like you MEANT to do that? Then you can puff up and try to be all smooth.