Foamboard dlgs

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Like your design of the pod.
Have any pics of the inside where the electronics are?
It's pretty standard FT on the inside. In the back the two servos are glued to either wall with the control rods going inside the boom. The Rx is just in front of those and the battery is crammed to the front, it's a 1300 mah 3s and the taper of the nose holds it in place.

It's very similar to this, just longer:
Untitled.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, I’m jumping on the DLG boat! I was inspired by @Mid7night and his Zulu, so I decided to make a FB version of it. I’ve got the prototype made and will maiden it tonight. I’m going to try it as a slope soarer but from what I can see online, the Zulu is kinda a jack of all trades.... It’s AUW is 112 grams but I’m confident I can get V2 under 100 grams.
9D4E47B1-4D99-4950-A3A5-D3808097076F.jpeg

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Alright, I’m jumping on the DLG boat! I was inspired by @Mid7night and his Zulu, so I decided to make a FB version of it. I’ve got the prototype made and will maiden it tonight. I’m going to try it as a slope soarer but from what I can see online, the Zulu is kinda a jack of all trades.... It’s AUW is 112 grams but I’m confident I can get V2 under 100 grams.
View attachment 169610
What's going on with your ailerons?

bracesport

Legendary member
yes, front surface control is pretty cool alright - with the surfaces connected it will perform a bit like a twisty with good aerobatic performance.

If I built one I would use four servos so you can camber or reflex the wing and use the ailerons independently - I am so looking forward to your maiden!

View attachment 169610

Last edited:

SavageX89

Alright guys, I've gone through this whole thread and I am excited to build a FB DLG. But I have a couple questions.

How are you all hinging your Flaperons?
The Fuselage pod, its evolved. How is that being done these days? @flyboa
Flyboa, you mentioned doing a detailed build log for people to follow. Any word on that?

I'm sure I have more questions, will post when I come up with them....
Thanks guys!

rfd

AMA 51668
I am struggling to get the tape and paper off the FB - this particular wing I am recycling was using Adams board and the paper does not like to let go!

use naphtha (lighter fluid) to easily remove paper off DTFB. liberally saturate the paper, rub in lightly with a piece of paper towel. whilst wet, tease off one corner of paper and it will peel off like magic.

Tench745

Master member
use naphtha (lighter fluid) to easily remove paper off DTFB. liberally saturate the paper, rub in lightly with a piece of paper towel. whilst wet, tease off one corner of paper and it will peel off like magic.
I find denatured alcohol works quite well also.