Help! Ft super bee wing

fazerpileit

I am building the Super bee. I just finished gluing the wing together. When I flipped it over I found that the bottom of the wing is not square to the aileron cut line. I have about a 16th on one end and over an 8th on the other. Was gonna scrap it and start over. Do I need too?
Thanks
Jerry

Attachments

• 20200801_152900.jpg
    20200801_152900.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200801_152803.jpg
    20200801_152803.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 0

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I have had plenty of my planes end up off slightly like that... haven't noticed any issues.

Yeah, no worries. It took me several builds to really start to figure out how to "own" these fold-over airfoils, but every one in the line turned out fine anyway.

fazerpileit

Well, its basically done. This is my 4th flite test model. I scratch built the Folger Dr1 ,Bloody Baron and this one.. Got the speed build kit for the cub.Guess I put the paint on too heavy or too fast. Lots of wrinkles in the paper. None of the others wrinkled like this on. Especially the power pod nacelles. Got the power pack a twin motor kit. Should I use the props it came with or the 5x4 3 blades I bought? How fast will this setup likely be?

Attachments

• 20200804_123802.jpg
    20200804_123802.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

fazerpileit

Used the 3 blades. Flies good. Only trim I had to use was Up elavator. Not as fast as I thought it would be but still pretty good. I haven't setup the differential thrust yet. I have the Spektrum DX6I and from what I could tell on youtube I can only vary the speed on one motor with this radio.
Thanks all

fazerpileit

Soooo. My high speed low pass didn't work out so good. Cartwheel and pulled the power pod skewers through the nacell. Crush damage on both wing tips and Bent a prop too. All fixable. I was wondering if these props would be a good replacement for the bent ones.
Azure Power 5.1" Tri-Blade 5150 Polycarbonate Race Propeller Set (Yellow)
Specifications:
Length:
5.1"
Pitch:
Hub ID: 5mm
Material: HG (High Grade) Polycarbonate
I have the flite test twin power pack A with the 20amp escs and Radial 1806 2280kV motors
With the 5x4 on it the esc and motors were not even warm after a flight. Seems like a small difference to me but I dont want to damage anything. I thought these would look good on it.

Attachments

• SuperBee 2.jpg
    SuperBee 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • SuperBee 1.jpg
    SuperBee 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Props.jpg
    Props.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0