Build room remodel

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I purchased a maple top table from uline This will last me a lifetime and it comes apart to move. I dont want to mess with table problems ever again, so worth the investment and I got a little discount through work plus a box of free golf balls! I ordered the 72x30" maple top with square edge. Its my birthday this week, so a bday present to myself. Im picking it up at the warehouse, so no shipping charges.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Build room 2.0

Got the table installed and decided to use the hollow core door I purchased as it increases my build bench to 80 x 36". I checked it with a straight edge and it is very flat, especially with my steel build board on it. I do feel guilty about covering the beautiful maple table though...but, the door comes right off with no damage to maple table. Anyway I think it will work great.

IMG_2651.JPG

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Its not to bad as I have a ceiling light also, but I plan on adding two more shelves, one on each side, then putting some more lights under them also. Cant have too much light, right?

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Kids are grown up and out of house, no lock on door but I did tell the wife I would vacuum in there and to stay out...that didn't go over very well...I am, however, claiming this as my space.

RCMAN

Dude, that room is awsome! I love that magnetic build board, didn't think to use it on foamies too. Looking forward to more pictures of that in action.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Starting the Great Planes Taylor Craft

Since it rains in Seattle every day now, I decided to start on my Great Planes Taylor Craft...This may be a slow build though as the sun may come out and then I go outside.

IMG_2663.JPG

lilly26

We are doing some remodeling in the house and had this little 8x10' room in the basement that we used for storage. So we took stuff to goodwill and cleaned out the room, then I had the bright idea to make it my dedicated build room. I dont have a shop and have been using an upstairs spare bedroom to build, but it gets really hot in there in the summer, so the basement is naturally air-conditioned. It will also be nice to build balsa modeles and be able to close the door and forget about it for a month if I want to. The room also has a vent fan, vented to the outdoors, in it for some reason (perfect for sucking out bad fumes). I'm also going to wall stack some planes in there, like you see on Hobby King videos. I will get some pics up when I finish it in a week or so.

Got the floor moulding installed today, filled holes and kilzz primed some dammaged areas, tomorrow will paint, Tuesday will install light fixture and switch covers then airplane wall hanger shelf bracket stuff.

View attachment 85634
Tiles flooring or any hardwood flooring installed in your room which one?

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
No, actually in my old and new house my build/hobby room shops are just carpeted. I just vacuum once and while and also have a mini shop vac that I use to vacuum as I build stuff and it keeps the area clean.