750mm Hawker Hurricane

Tabdy

I've annoyingly bust a blade on my Hobbyking Hurricane. It seems no spares are available but I have a spare blade from a write-off. Does anyone know how to remove the spinner without splitting the fuselage. The spinner is held in place by 3 screws through the back of the plate. It's then a simple job to change a blade. Help!

Mikej

On the Mustang and Tempest in the same range there is a small grub screw that holds the motor into it's mount, on the Mustang / Tempest it's on the top - it looks like it's on the bottom of the Hurricane. With this loosened you can pull the motor out of it's mount and out of the nose of th eplane - you then get to the screws holding the spinner to it's back plate from the back.

Here's a video that HK produced for the Mustang https://drive.google.com/file/d/19JFgzP-hSQKpY6ZAR6t9ZZelS4kIyPeC/view

Tabdy

On the Mustang and Tempest in the same range there is a small grub screw that holds the motor into it's mount, on the Mustang / Tempest it's on the top - it looks like it's on the bottom of the Hurricane. With this loosened you can pull the motor out of it's mount and out of the nose of th eplane - you then get to the screws holding the spinner to it's back plate from the back.

Here's a video that HK produced for the Mustang https://drive.google.com/file/d/19JFgzP-hSQKpY6ZAR6t9ZZelS4kIyPeC/view
Thank you so much for that. I watched the video but the battery hatch is quite different. However, a bit of searching and I found a small hole on the bottom of the fuselage and spied a grub screw. Hey presto and engine came out. Feel a bit silly for not searching 'out of the box ' so to say. Thanks.

Mikej

Good stuff - if you can't get the original propeller for a while - I fly my (highly crashed) Mustang with a 8x6 and it's fantastic - not at all "scale" but flies really nicely.

Edit - sorry, re-read your original post and you mention that you have a spare

BTW - I really like the look of the Hurricane, trying hard not to buy one

Tabdy

Good stuff - if you can't get the original propeller for a while - I fly my (highly crashed) Mustang with a 8x6 and it's fantastic - not at all "scale" but flies really nicely.

Edit - sorry, re-read your original post and you mention that you have a spare

BTW - I really like the look of the Hurricane, trying hard not to buy one
I shouldn't try any harder, just press the buy button! Very annoyingly I stalled whilst circling to land. Seems you really need to keep the power on or do a fairly fast and sheepish glide on finals. Thanks for the prop advice. I like it so much that when I stupidly really smashed up my first I just had to buy a replacement. Hence having some spares. I might eventually rebuild it. By then, perhaps spares will be available.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
One of my flying buddies bought one recently and is almost finished setting it up. I can't wait to try flying it!

chipresitor122

Side comment I bought a Hobby king Hurricane and have been flying it with my son. SO FUN . Hopefully the blade doesn't break but if it does I know what to do! Thanks

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Side comment I bought a Hobby king Hurricane and have been flying it with my son. SO FUN . Hopefully the blade doesn't break but if it does I know what to do! Thanks
I need to bug my buddy about getting his in the air. He still hasn't maidened it and I'm itching to fly it!