Airplanes that flitetest should build

keepitup

How bout a cl215/415 water bomber seaplane?
Yes. The old fellow who got me into control line flying built one in about 1978 out of a solid block of balsa for the fuse and scratch built the wings and tailfeathers. 2 tiny Guillow's motors, smaller than the .049 been so long don't remember the size but that plane flew really nice and was a load of fun to fly off the river in our back yard. Would be cool for sure. Guy was a genious, he also scratch built a ducted fan F4 Phantom in the mid 70's painted up in the Blue Angels livery. The fans were hand built from balsa block. It moved around on it's own power but never did get off the ground. Sure was pretty though!

Bech

I would realy like to see them build a plane that is able to swing its wings back like the Grumman F-14Tomcat. It doesn't have to be an EDF but it would be cool.
Screenshot_20201008-144023_Google.jpg

Matagami Designs

Master member
I eventually flew this as a twin f pack pusher which was fun but neglected my control surface throw and ended up crashing it from not enough up elevator.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Ok I didn't see it. And did it work well except the elevator?
Yeah it needed more control surface movement but otherwise flew well enough. The swing servo isnt very robust so if it's a hard landing you will need to replace the servo arm. The servo itself needs to be metal gear as well or it will strip easily.

flamingo

a sbd dive bomber is cool its kinda like the f4u
Dauntless_bomb_drop.jpg
with the flaps that would be cool
or the Aichi M6A1 a Japanese plane for a submarine thats holds planes or the grumman tbm avenger

Last edited:

BoredGuy