Mini XP-82/ Mini BF-109 Z/ mini FW-190 Z-17/ mini ME-609/ mini HO-229

which paint scheme: #1 #2 #3 (also tell me why if possible) (look at image at bottom of page)

• Total voters

mackaiver

Elite member
im new to this but i am making a FT Mini XP-82/ Twin Mustang. i know a few people have done this before. but i hopefully will be able to get out the nessacary plans and instructions to make it once its completed. suggestions welcome

feel free to put examples of WWII experimental aircraft in this thread you might want to see fly

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
im new to this but i am making a FT Mini XP-82/ Twin Mustang. i know a few people have done this before. but i hopefully will be able to get out the nessacary plans and instructions to make it once its completed. suggestions welcome
Awesome! A forum member @Matagami Designs made a mini one and has plans posted under the resource section if you're interested. And welcome to the forums!

mackaiver

Elite member
thanks, i knew a few people had the same idea. ill post some pics of mine. but do you know if anybody has made a mini BF-109?
also how do i donwload the plans?

Flyingshark

Master member
thanks, i knew a few people had the same idea. ill post some pics of mine. but do you know if anybody has made a mini BF-109?
also how do i donwload the plans?
A Mini BF-109? @GrizWiz designed one of those.

There's a download button on the page, just click it to download. From the title it sounds like you're considering making a 109Z. I'm pretty sure no one's made one of those before. Good luck! :)

EDIT:
Link to the BF-109
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/mighty-mini-messerschmitt-bf-109.155/

mackaiver

Elite member
A Mini BF-109? @GrizWiz designed one of those.

There's a download button on the page, just click it to download. From the title it sounds like you're considering making a 109Z. I'm pretty sure no one's made one of those before. Good luck! :)

EDIT:
Link to the BF-109
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/mighty-mini-messerschmitt-bf-109.155/

thanks i hope i'm the first that would be awesome, if you want once i have finished ill share the planes with you all.
do you guys have any tips on getting good cheap electronics? my budget is pretty tight.

Matagami Designs

Master member

mackaiver

Elite member
thank for the plans, i didnt know about the forum until a day ago so i alread scratch built my own plans here as photo of the plane and the plans so far.
IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1264.JPG IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1257.JPG IMG_1263.JPG
the wing span is: 36 1/2"(or 3'1/2")
mid wing:11 1/2" at center fold line
width of mid wing:10 1/2"
rear flap 11 3/4" across
width of rer flap 3 1/4"
mid spar is :11"
width of mid spar:1 1/4"

gut so far it glides good, and look great.
starting on the FT Mini BF-109Z today!
thank you again for the help guys.

mackaiver

Elite member
hey guys do you have any good ways to get good, cheap electronics for the planes.
like motors, esc, receiver&transmitter,battery&charger, and servos?
i have a tight budget.
thank you guys so much your your help

mastermalpass

Elite member
When I've searched on Ebay or Amazon for a brushless motor, I've been finding these great value packages. They all come with a 30a ESC then vary the motor kv rating and prop size. My most recent pack cost £12 and came with two servos as well!

Screenshot_20201120-201437_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I've never had an issue with these ESCs, except for one that went through repeated prop-strikes and heavy crashes. Another nice touch is the last one I got had a 5a BEC built into the ESC.

The only drawback is these parts might be a bit on the heavy side for a mini plane. Fortunately, search for the parts individually on ebay and you seem to find equally good deals.

Screenshot_20201120-201726_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20201120-201948_eBay.jpg

mackaiver

Elite member
When I've searched on Ebay or Amazon for a brushless motor, I've been finding these great value packages. They all come with a 30a ESC then vary the motor kv rating and prop size. My most recent pack cost £12 and came with two servos as well!

View attachment 183776

I've never had an issue with these ESCs, except for one that went through repeated prop-strikes and heavy crashes. Another nice touch is the last one I got had a 5a BEC built into the ESC.

The only drawback is these parts might be a bit on the heavy side for a mini plane. Fortunately, search for the parts individually on ebay and you seem to find equally good deals.

View attachment 183778
View attachment 183779
thanks for the help

mackaiver

Elite member
hey mastermalpass did you vote on a color scheme for the BF-109Z yet
whats your input on it

Last edited: