FliteTest 20 amp ESC programming

eric75

Does anybody know where to get a refence for the programming modes for the ECS that comes with A and F power packs? I think I figured out how to set the throttle range, but there were a lot of other beeps that didn't sound like any other ESCs I have programmed. I would like to know that I have everything else set correctly, and I like to use the brake function.

flyingkelpie

Elite member
I really don't know but I think this is an average programming sheet
screen-shot-2019-06-05-at-3-36-06-pm_4.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Does anybody know where to get a refence for the programming modes for the ECS that comes with A and F power packs? I think I figured out how to set the throttle range, but there were a lot of other beeps that didn't sound like any other ESCs I have programmed. I would like to know that I have everything else set correctly, and I like to use the brake function.

You can also go directly to the motor manufacturers site and grab information like the mechanical specs, the current testing charts they did with several kind of propellers, as well as a pdf that will give all that information in one place that should explain how to enter programming mode in the available methods and how to manipulate settings to make changes to suit your needs.

eric75

The problem is that when I power up, the BEC runs everything else, but it needs to be powered for 30 seconds before the ESC makes two tones and allows the motor to run.

I thought I had fixed this when I wrote the original post, but apparently what I changed didn't stay in the memory long enough to work when I tried flying today.

I have only done ESC programming via listening to the tones and moving the throttle at the correct time.

I can see how it is possible for a good radio to have programming capability built in, since ESC programming is not very sophisticated. I am using a DX6 with an LCD display, is this a function that can be added by upgrading the radio firmware?