Flite test trainer

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Tiny Trainer is good, but I also liked the Sea Duck for easy flight. Landing it was really simple due to the larger surface area for belly landings, and while everyone says that the differential thrust can complicate things, I never had a problem with it - I just used it like a rudder. Plus, with its size, it was easy to see in the air and a little less susceptible to wind.

Another good one that doesn't get much mention because it's a newer plane, is the FT Commuter. It shares many of the same characteristics as the HH Apprentice, which has long been touted as a solid trainer plane (and what our club uses specifically for training new pilots). The build is not as easy as the Tiny Trainer, but it's still one I'd recommend for someone learning to fly. :)

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Tiny Trainer is good, but I also liked the Sea Duck for easy flight. Landing it was really simple due to the larger surface area for belly landings, and while everyone says that the differential thrust can complicate things, I never had a problem with it - I just used it like a rudder. Plus, with its size, it was easy to see in the air and a little less susceptible to wind.

Another good one that doesn't get much mention because it's a newer plane, is the FT Commuter. It shares many of the same characteristics as the HH Apprentice, which has long been touted as a solid trainer plane (and what our club uses specifically for training new pilots). The build is not as easy as the Tiny Trainer, but it's still one I'd recommend for someone learning to fly. :)
ft mini commuter is a very rewarding build... personally to make it easier to build i would say scale it up to 140% so it is about the same size as the ft cub... and it should be floatier... maybe with power pack B but i'll leave the power options to the experts