Radiomaster Tx16s

TJ_Williams

I tried searching but couldn't find any specific posts on the new transmitter. So decided I'd make one!

The goal of this thread will be having one place to share setups, mods, advice and generally just one place to put my Radiomaster spam :) (Definitely not only for BuddyRC, I just have the inside scoop on our stock levels and I work extremely close with Radiomaster)

BuddyRC Currently : IN STOCK @ https://b-rc.co/tx16s (we are based in Columbus, OH with same-day shipping if placed before 2pm eastern)

So what IS the Radiomaster Tx16s?? I, like many others made a video on it. If you don't like videos, the short version is it is a low cost, multi-protocol RC transmitter with enough bells and whistles to make you question the low price point.

Official Radiomaster Tx16s website: https://www.radiomasterrc.com/tx16s

"I take a look at the Radiomaster TX16s Transmitter, Radio, Controller, whatever you want to call it. Multi-protocol, OpenTX, so many features it's kinda crazy... Does it live up to the hype? "

forum post.jpg

TJ_Williams

Lovin the new reviews brother. They are fun to watch and are not so dry and dull as others.

Gotta get mah redio ready yo!

Thanks dude! I'm really enjoying these and when I first started here I was going back and forth on format and decided... just be me lol. Which translates to leave the screw-ups, have fun and if my eyes start bleeding while editing then it sucks.

Dallas56

I just got a TX16S and it won't boot up. The six led's flash backwards and forwards across the top and stop at one but the screen doesn't turn on and when I let go of the power button everything is off.

TJ_Williams

I just got a TX16S and it won't boot up. The six led's flash backwards and forwards across the top and stop at one but the screen doesn't turn on and when I let go of the power button everything is off.
That's weird! jump over to their support page on radiomasterrc.com and submit a ticket. They're really solid about customer service and the dude running it is located here in the US

Dallas56

That's weird! jump over to their support page on radiomasterrc.com and submit a ticket. They're really solid about customer service and the dude running it is located here in the US
Will do. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not. This is what is happening.

Dallas56

I put in a ticket and they said I have to send it to them and they will fix it or replace it which is good. The problem is I am in Australia which means I will be without a radio for quite some time and the cost for me to send it back will be substantial.

TJ_Williams

I think they are going to send me a new main board to put in which is a good solution.
Yeah I can't talk too many details until they publish the final version - but their warranty is pretty solid - especially the fact they'll ship parts for the user to install themselves

Dallas56

Yeah I can't talk too many details until they publish the final version - but their warranty is pretty solid - especially the fact they'll ship parts for the user to install themselves
I received the new main board, installed it and everything works. Thanks for the heads up on support.

DrDiff

I got my radio and picked up two 18650 cells learned the top USBC is for connecting to the pc and the bottom one is for charging. Got it bound to my FrSky X8R and VVVS. Getting telemetry on the cells in the flight pack. The only thing I miss about my Taranis XD9 Plus SE is the cool snow camouflage pattern. LOVING the color screen and jog dial interface.

NewFPV

I'm just starting out in FPV and have got myself the T16s and I've decided to build my own fpv quad and have been struggling to find out what receiver I should use. The PDB, FC and ESC I am using is the:
Racerstar StarF4S 30A Blheli_S Dshot 4 in 1 Brushless ESC AIO F4 OSD Flight Controller w/ BEC Current Sensor
What should I be looking for in a receiver and do you have any recommendations?

TJ_Williams

I'm just starting out in FPV and have got myself the T16s and I've decided to build my own fpv quad and have been struggling to find out what receiver I should use. The PDB, FC and ESC I am using is the:
Racerstar StarF4S 30A Blheli_S Dshot 4 in 1 Brushless ESC AIO F4 OSD Flight Controller w/ BEC Current Sensor
What should I be looking for in a receiver and do you have any recommendations?

So that's the beauty with Radiomaster. There are so many possibilities. They also have their own line of receivers. You could just look into using their tiny sbus receiver. https://b-rc.co/RM_R81 It's a super low cost easy way to start.

Homey

Elite member
Mine is on the way. Your videos sold me. Like anything, as soon as I put a few planes in, I should get better.
In the meantime, is there a way to transfer my mixes from my 9x to the new radio? I have a smartyparts board in the 9x and it's on an older OpenTX.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mine is on the way. Your videos sold me. Like anything, as soon as I put a few planes in, I should get better.
In the meantime, is there a way to transfer my mixes from my 9x to the new radio? I have a smartyparts board in the 9x and it's on an older OpenTX.

You should be able to update the save card with current folders then just copy n paste the models into appropriate folders for any OTX version I believe. the only thing that changes between card versions that I know of is folder structure and the card gets a revision number that has to match the OTX version flashed on the radio.

Chips_EMS

I'm getting into balsa airplanes with glow motors, I have built and crashed many foams and I am comfortable flying them now. I would like not to crash my balsa one right off the start and go through the same learning curve as I did with the foam airplanes. I am not flying anything overly complicated to start with but would like to get more into it in the futures. I have a Spektrum DXE transmitter and I am at the limit for what I can program with that transmitter. I am looking/going to be getting the Radiomaster tx16. I like the open protocol part of it and ability to do some advance programming when I get more experience and the price of it. My question is will it work with the flite test aura5 lite gyro system? If not does anyone know what would work with it. My main things that I am looking at getting the aura5 for is I want something with launch assist and the level assist to get it into the air till I get it trimmed out and comfortable with it. My other question is can I use my DXE as a buddy box for when I fly with my daughter. Currently using an older DX4e as a buddy box. I just want to make sure that I have the ability have a buddy box for her without having to buy two new radios.

daxian

Elite member
a dumb question !!! model memories in the tx16 specs says "16 slots expandable via sd card" i have 35 aircraft how would i get all models into the tx16...if i get one ???

Corsair714

a dumb question !!! model memories in the tx16 specs says "16 slots expandable via sd card" i have 35 aircraft how would i get all models into the tx16...if i get one ???
It has an expandable storage so just get a larger sd card. It also comes with an 8gb sd card so you should have plenty of space.