Flysky FS-16S vs Flsky FS-I6X vs RadioMaster TX12

atharv_m54

I was looking for good radios that are available to me (ones not out of stock on Amazon/ Banggood will ship to India) and have narrowed down to these 3.
Out of the 2 flyskys I like the S version better, but I'm confuse whether to choose between fs i6s or the tx12. I'd like the 2 extra channels on the tx12 but one of my major concerns with it is that the Slider on it won't be big enough to control a gimbal? Does anyone know if it is big enough for that?
Also, what receiver would you recommend if I go with the RadioMaster(I want to get an SBUS receiver FYI)? I was thinking of R161, is it ok?

AussieBison

check this two videos if you haven’t already done so:
I have fs-i6 (FlyPlus firmware that supports 10 channels) & fs-i6X (10 channels out of the box). And you can’t go wrong with x6b receivers for FlySky, they support voltage telemetry too.

atharv_m54

check this two videos if you haven’t already done so:
I have fs-i6 (FlyPlus firmware that supports 10 channels) & fs-i6X (10 channels out of the box). And you can’t go wrong with x6b receivers for FlySky, they support voltage telemetry too.
Yes, I have seen those videos, pretty informative. And thanks for the suggestion on the x6b receiver!

leaded50

Legendary member
Open TX as on the Radiomaster gives possibillity to enchange more, setup more eg. and use different recivers.
Flysky i6S is nice in hand, but have just storage for only 5 models, no specific setup for aeroplanes, and needs in setup to adjust trim.
Flysky FS i6X is easy to use, easy to setup for aeroplane..... but can only make 3 mixes of channels. have trim sliders, and more storage for models. Both Flysky can only use Flysky recivers without internal modifications.

atharv_m54

On my Radiomaster TX16s I can extend the end points of any switch, slider or stick movements.
Open TX as on the Radiomaster gives possibillity to enchange more, setup more eg. and use different recivers.
Flysky i6S is nice in hand, but have just storage for only 5 models, no specific setup for aeroplanes, and needs in setup to adjust trim.
Flysky FS i6X is easy to use, easy to setup for aeroplane..... but can only make 3 mixes of channels. have trim sliders, and more storage for models. Both Flysky can only use Flysky recivers without internal modifications.
Thanks! I'll think I'll go with the RadioMaster then :D, if for any reason I can't get (which most likely won't happen) I'll go with the Flysky i6s.