2021 SeaPlane Design & Build Challenge!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
what do you mean historic or fantasy? I just am taking someone elses plane, scaling it down, maybe eeven balsa, converting it to dtfb, and making it water capable.

The short Version - Do it!
The Longer Version:
@leaded50 covered it mostly. The Idea is design and build an aircraft out of DTFB or equivalent, document, and share with the community so other can try. I don't care if it's some Historic plane done already or some fanciful thing your 3 year-old thought up. if some has done it. OK, make it yours. there is something to be said for the Simple 3-sided box fuse of the ol' Flite test designs. Actually the F7F TigerCat @The Hangar is a great example, of well-done Simple planes, and yet I love the 3d more molded Tigercat version @DamoRC did of the Same Subject. Both are worthy designs and each fits the right audience. Both of these designs of the same craft would get High Marks.

If you are looking to win... a conversion with Franken-floats may not get the top score. That said, don't let that discourage you please! If you are excited to give it a try. Do it! The experience and fun are the less tangible bonus points here. And worth more in my book.

-FoamyDM.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
My least favorite part 🙄

20210416_220320.jpg

leaded50

Legendary member
aaaah.. i seem cant keep away from unusual planes... o_O
Pegna PC1 was a design proposal for Italian Piaggio for the Schneider Trophy Contest 1921 by designer Pegna. It had a motor/prop who was tilted up for take off/landing. .. Same guy also drawed other seaplanes who was winners of Scneider in the early years.
This is a biiig posibillity im gonna build.

And.. LGF Roland was a submarine seaplane who could be disassembled and stored in "buckets" Looks kind of "stupid" with the big prop/cowl :p weird, but fun, and not a troublesome build (if make big enough to get a battery inside.
Pegna PC.png
LFG (Roland) V.19 Putbus.jpg
LFG Roland Stralsund V 19c.jpg

Hondo76251

Legendary member
what plane is that supposed to be? looks nice and should be cheap electronics as I understand.

A micro "Pacific Clipper"

Was a bit too windy for a real flight this morn but I was able to toss it around enough to know what adjustments I need to make. The tail is blocked by the wing so I'll need to do something about that and thrust angle is way off but it seems to have enough power so that's good.